1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Can I switch between SEL1 and SEL2 with stock dash

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by OlderHuskyRider, Apr 26, 2011.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I did a search and read many posts and cannot find the answer. My current bootup puts me in SEL1, which I believe to be full power. Is there any way to switch to SEL2 (wet/mud map) using the button on the stock dash or do I have to install some kind of aux switch/button? 2010 TE450
  2. Thor Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '2010 TE 450
    You need the "dual mode" button. Husky makes it as an option available at your dealer.
  3. Thirsty2454 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Costs less than $40 here in Australia. I imagine it would be cheaper over there. Its a simple plug and play button that you zip tie to your bars and gets plugged in behind your headlight.
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    So I am gonna assume I can install a radio shack pressure button and connect it to the blanked off wire pair in my headlight area, right?

[IMG]
  5. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    $40 is about $35 too much.
  6. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I think they are 15-20$ in the US.... now's where you say that's about 10-15$ too much[IMG]

There has been some speculation- but It is just a "normal off pushbutton switch".
    I have the OEM "dual mode" switch its nice to have the right plugNplay connector.

Sel2 is kinda useless if you ask me, It takes a bit to cycle between Sel1 and sel2 and back and forth (like 5 seconds of holding the switch in)- and Sel2 (as "the wet" mode) basically sounds off in power sooner -starts to seriously drop power at 6000rpms or something. The bottom may be a bit softer. Sel2 is a diferent ignition map not fuel map. I figured if its available for the bike it should be on the bike. But I rarely if ever use it.
  7. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    SEL2 sounds much better for the riding I do, smoother power, less breaking the tire loose when the rush comes on, I dont need the rush, but if its not a different fuel map as well, as in less fuel, I guess I'll skip it.
  8. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    For me- running in Sel2 past 6000 rpms or so- is intolerable. The motor sounds strained and is weak- so you will change your shift points and never run any revs... in that regard you might increase you fuel mileage. Its like following George's 'slow break in' method/ ignition map. In really really technical sloppy stuff it may be helpfull to ensure you don't over rev and and loose the back end- or loop it out in unpredictable loose to perfect traction situations... But you can do that easily with throttle control and clutch control. I just don't like to have to wait to be able to push the button 5 seconds to go back to Sel 1 for full power. So like I said - its rare that I use sel 2- real rare.
  9. Thirsty2454 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Im only middle aged. I like spending money. Its good for our economy.[IMG]

Im the same. I used mine for a while, until the novalty wore off.