Canadian Husky Distributor Announced

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  2. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Awesome! I cant wait for a dealer in vancouver!
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Great News:thumbsup:

It will be nice to see all the "New" Husky dealers popping up over the next little while.

But we can't forget what ScottyR has done for us while the BMW buy out was going on.

It looks like a bright future for Husqvarna.

:cheers:
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sounds like they will be announcing the Canadian dealers this weekend!

At least I think that is when the first show is.
  5. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Yep the TO show is this weekend.
  6. XSR506 Husqvarna
    B Class

I hope Barret does a better job with Husky than they did when they had KTM. I wouldn't get to excited about having a dealer near you, I've heard they're plans are only for a few dealers with big inventories. I hope that's wrong and they go with many smaller local mom/pop dealers, since that's what has kept the brand alive all these years.
  7. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

BMG was always very nice and very sincere to deal with when they were the North American Husaberg distributor!dan
  8. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I wonder who the Vancouver dealers will be.
  9. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Last I heard pacific yamaha/bmw was getting huskys. I was supposed to go riding with some of their salesman and a friend of mine that bought a new BMW 450. We will see!
  10. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    They would be my guess.
  11. NFG Husqvarna
    AA Class

5th Gear right next store to Pacific already sells Huskys. Bill the owner is awesome and has been pushing the Husky name now for a few years.

Hope Bill keeps his status as a Husky dealer.
  12. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I strongly disagree, other than Bill being a great guy, I have nothing good to say about that "dealership" I have not had one good experience there and believe me I have TRIED to be a customer. Husky would really benefit from a dealer that can actually sell you the right parts for your particular Husky. I have no experience with Pac Yamaha, but I cant imagine them being any worse.
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have dealt with BMG as the CDN Husaberg Dist and didnt have any issues with them whatsoever. In fact, I strongly recommended them to the factory over the other 2 candidates that were in the running.

They seem VERY keen on Husky and dont seem to be afraid to spend some money to promote the brand in 2010. I am pumped about them being the Dist for Canada.
  14. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

I spent a few minutes with Josh Barrett at the show this weekend. Good guy and seems very committed to growing the Husky brand in Canada. KTM riders won every Pro Class of the CEC in 2009. I like KTM but Husky needs to break that strangle hold :)
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I would appreciate using some thought before typing negative terms towards businesses and individuals, especially when they have not had a chance to become a dealer yet. Those are real people just like everyone else.

Personally I would wait and see who the dealers will be, and not type negative things regarding any business.

This is not just another random internet forum where any thought that pops into peoples head should be typed. Some of those dealers will quite probably join cafe husky.

EDIT - if anyone wants to change what they posted, you can. Based on what I am seeing it is quite probable some of the people mentioned could be viewing this thread.
  16. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I agree with Coffee, we need to wait and find out for sure who the new Dealer is. Then we can bash it. :D

The bottom line is that no Dealer can make everybody happy and both the above mentioned Dealers have their good points.:thumbsup:
  17. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Yes good points.

It will be up to Husqvarna to pick who will represent them and sell their product.

And hopefully they will not just hand them out to anyone.

:cheers:
  18. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I agree with you 100%, and it would be great to have some-one like ScottyR out here.:thumbsup:
  19. NFG Husqvarna
    AA Class

Post has been changed. There is still a quoted reply that needs repair. Sorry Coffee for my thoughtless act. I do value your site and efforts and hope this is shown by my quick actions to repair my error in judgement. Again...... sorry.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    All fixed.

I'd like to wait and see who the dealers are, that will probably be announced soon.

Different people want different things from dealers, some want a top mechanic, some want a top rider, some want best price, some want parts in stock... no one can be all those things at all times, so chances are someone will not like a particular dealer regardless of how good they are. They are human.

How many times to you read about people on other sites tearing into a dealer online because they did not price match an ebay 'buy it now' price? Or any number of other things.

It is my hope we can rise above all that.

Now, which of these potential shops have a shop dog?

[IMG]