1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Carb Needle for WR150

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by NWRider, Sep 15, 2010.

1. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 09 WR 125 with the factory 144 kit. Also I have a 38mm PWK Airstriker on it. I have the JD needles that came with it but am wondering what needles other have good luck with
    The last few rides have been very similar in temperature. Here is what has happened.

I had JD Red #4 and it felt rich at ¼ throttle.
    Went to JD Red #3 and ¼ was good but it was weak off idle up to about 1/8.
    Went to JD Blue #3 and it felt good.

Next ride the bike was weak off idle again. Turned in the air screw a full turn and the problem disappeared.

The bike runs decent now but still makes a lot of spooge in the first quarter of the throttle but I don’t think I can lean the needle without messing it up off idle. I guess I could try a bigger pilot but I think it is about right. What other needles are people using?
  2. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

CEL is working great for me so far. I took the opportunity to learn more about needles and am still playing.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Have you discussed problem with James Dean ? (not the one that died in 1955)
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Geno said - " 48-dcf is what works for me" - Keihin needle
    this is a richer needle apparently -
    I believe blue needle was richer yet worked well even on a hot day what size is the blue needle? Until my next ride I am happy with blue needle
  5. beaver Husqvarna

your not alone ! I have the same bike with the pwk(non airstriker) jd red#3 180 & 52p and air screw 1/4 out this has been my best set up yet! still have spoog but no off idle bog:)
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mark, search the 125 jetting thread for this info.

WOW, your WAY richer than me and I ride at 50-2500 usually.

PWK 38, red needle middle, 172 main, 45 P.

Also never try to jet via how much spooge comes out. Read the plug and feel the power. Spooge means nothing.
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Spooge means combustion temps are too low, from being fuel rich, it is usually unburnt fuel. It could also mean you need new packing. :thumbsup:

Later,
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sometimes. But I have seen the same bike (mine) same setup and everything, switch oil and one spooges like crazy (Silkolene / Redline) and some do not (Amsoil, Spectro SX). Same motor.
  9. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I tried a DCL in the third clip today and it ran real well. I will have to see if it is still good from ride to ride.
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    whats a DCL needle?
    do the mikuni needles work/fit in PWK s - gues not or someone would have tried
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You will always have some spooge with a Spark arrestor....it is just what they do.
    Joe