1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Carb problems.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by paddy.t, Feb 26, 2013.

1. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Morning chaps,

Ive just completed a full re-build of my 07 WRE; powdercoating, re-con barrel all neew bearings and bushes and all the rest of it.

Ive also completed installing the full power kit (previous owner had fitted some bits)

Im now having some trouble with flat spots in the power. 1/4 throttle was more or less nothing, so spoke to husky sport and got the correct positions for needle and mixture screw.
    This made a slight difference but not a lot, still a big dead spot 1/4 to just past half throttle.
    Wide open throttle is fine.

What im running now:
    165 main
    D50 needle on 3rd clip
    5 slide
    Mixture screw at 1.5 turns
    Throttle position sensor facing down (wires closest to cylinder not fuel tank)

If ive missed anything out ill add it in.

Any help you chaps could offer would be brilliant.

Thanks.
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Easy fix. Replace with a Lectron 36mm. You will not regret it.
  3. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Haha, simple maybe but more exspensive.

Cheers.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Wre is not a common type of bike on here. There my not be much advice . If you do some searching through old threads there are a few pommies on here with them you private message if you wish
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    There's probably a wagon load of used factory carbs that new Lectron owners would part with. You would still have to jet it correctly
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    1/4 to 1/2 throttle reaction is controlled by the needle jet to some degree ... Move the clip up or down a notch on the needle clip and see if you get any changes in the bikes behavior ..
  7. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Thanks chaps, ive gone from 2nd clip to 3rd clip (husky said this was the correct position)
    Ill move it another place up to the 4th clip and see what happens.

Cheers
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    gurgle/burble = rich.
    hard bog = too lean.
    idle to 1/4 = AS and PJ.
    1/4 - 3/4 = AS, PJ, Needle and main.

go back to #3 on the needle. Go up one size on the main and PJ. start with AS @ 1.25 turns.
    if you drop the clip past #3, go to a richer needle and start over. them last two slots are for "emergencies" only. most needles have a ton of richer/leaner cousins in very fine steps.

start by verifying your PJ.
    check for good snap/strong idle not runaway like ging-ging-GING-GING!. adjust the AS to get some off-idle snap. if you go out more than 1.75 turns the PJ is too big. if yer in 1 turn or less on the AS the PJ is too little.
    then putt it around 1/2 throttle or less. read the plug. hows it feel? if you are rolling on the gas very slowy and the bike feels smooth and wanting to go, yer getting close. if doing same and you whack it open and it falls on its face its too lean.
    after you have safe low speed circuits: make a short blast on the main WFO/chop method. maybe 1-2 gears. read the plug. make adjustments if nec. repeat for 3 or 4 gears.

once you get the plug the same approximate, safe, color on low and high speed circuits, yer done! but, you have to read the plug. dont take anyone's jetting spec as gospel. notice i never hardly offer jet sizes? they wont buy you a new engine, neithe will i. start rich, then trim to lean SLOWLY. sht happens fast.

CHECK YER PLUG.
    steadydirt and sabortooth like this.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Just to expand on the plug checking at each RPM range ... You need to hold the throttle at a precise position (1/4, 1/2, 3/4, WFO) and let the engine run at this RPM and then hit the kill switch and let the engine stop completely... Then pull the plug and check its color ..

--
    As long as I get a good idle and good mid-range to WFO,... unless something is really noticeable bad, I'm just not too concerned with the RPMs in that small area between above idle to just under MID ... Thats just no-mans-riding-rpm-range for me on my 250s pretty much ...
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    i like to putt around going up and down the gears with it @ half throttle or so with various loads on it. then pull over with it in neutral and let it drop to idle. sound good? no run-away idle? gettin close. repeat then check the plug. if it's a teensy bit darker than the WOT reading im safe. cuz when i whack it closed after a bomb run and start working the rocks and stuff it wont be forced to run on lean slow speed circuits.
  11. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    Thankyou for all the replies, verry helpfull.
    Ive put the needle on the first clip and have the air screw at 1 3/4 turns out and its verry nearly spot on in position. Still getting the odd slight bogg low down.
    Where should i go from here?

Thanks
  12. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Verify your float level. Improper fuel level in the bowl will make you crazy.
  13. SHY UK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes please
    Throttle intermediate position
    Should it be necessary to modify mixture ratio, from the idle position at about
    1/5 of throttle valve opening, fit a valve with a smaller front drain side to enrich
    it, and with a bigger one to lean it.
    From approx. 1/5 to 4/5 of throttle valve opening, mixture is mainly adjusted by
    the taper needle fitted on the valve itself and anchored by a retainer inside an
    intermediate groove. Should it be necessary to modify mixture ratio, lower the
    taper needle to make lean it and raise it to enrich it, by adjusting the groove.

Attached Files:

• tip.jpg
      tip.jpg
      File size:
      337.7 KB
      Views:
  14. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    gurgle/burble = rich.
    hard bog = too lean.
    idle to 1/4 = AS and PJ.
    1/4 - 3/4 = AS, PJ, Needle and main.

go back to #3 on the needle. Go up one size on the main and PJ. start with AS @ 1.25 turns.
    if you drop the clip past #3, go to a richer needle and start over. them last two slots are for "emergencies" only. most needles have a ton of richer/leaner cousins in very fine steps.

start by verifying your PJ.
    check for good snap/strong idle not runaway like ging-ging-GING-GING!. adjust the AS to get some off-idle snap. if you go out more than 1.75 turns the PJ is too big. if yer in 1 turn or less on the AS the PJ is too little.
    then putt it around 1/2 throttle or less. read the plug. hows it feel? if you are rolling on the gas very slowy and the bike feels smooth and wanting to go, yer getting close. if doing same and you whack it open and it falls on its face its too lean.
    after you have safe low speed circuits: make a short blast on the main WFO/chop method. maybe 1-2 gears. read the plug. make adjustments if nec. repeat for 3 or 4 gears.

once you get the plug the same approximate, safe, color on low and high speed circuits, yer done! but, you have to read the plug. dont take anyone's jetting spec as gospel. notice i never hardly offer jet sizes? they wont buy you a new engine, neither will i. start rich, then trim to lean SLOWLY. sht happens fast.

CHECK YER PLUG.