Carb Question/old gummed up

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Jimmy250, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Hi Guys , just upgraded my son from a Yami ttr 50 to a Yami ttr90, I know I know its not a Husky, but I need Husky input! The Bike is mint and was my buddies Sons BIke which he out grew and the bike has been sitting , needless to say to carb was like jelly and the gas was bad ,real bad! I took the whole carb apart and cleaned it, when I put it back together she fired right up, when I drove it, it, the rpm continue to rise after you strop throttling the bike, so with the throttle closed position the bike will still want to roll out. Still dirty? I took it apart and I am soaking jets over night, I had a total clog in the pilot jet so I found a microscopic drill bit and ran it through there and it opened up the clog. Ok guys fire away! Thx for the help!
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    risky putting metal inside a jet as the size can be changed very easily and a small fourstroke has to have a tiny tiny pilot. it may be best to install a new clean pilot. are you sure the throttle is closing completely and the cable(s) are free? any air leaks between carb and motor? did you remove the tank, clean the petcock, and flush it out really well with fresh gas?
    OlderHuskyRider and ray_ray like this.
  3. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    I agree and those things have been coming to mind, I actually am going to buy new jets to see if it makes a difference, they are cheap enough. the for the input
  4. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    I ment THX