Carb to EFI

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by matusko, Feb 2, 2014.

1. matusko Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE610
    Hi,
    I'm transfering my 2001 TE610 to EFI, so I need some sort of trigger wheel for my crank sensor. 2008 SM610 i.e. seems to have the exact thing I need - magnet/rotor with trigger teeth. I'm not certain if that fits on my TE, so can someone post dimensions/CAD/experience? Image of part that I want to fit is below.

[IMG]
  2. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    This will be interesting
    I do a lot of efi work if you need any one to bounce ideas off of hit me up
    you are going to need a lot of parts, harness, ECU, intake boot,throttle body,
    2008/2010 fuel tank with pump and A ibeat set up so you can set everything
    set up ounce you get everything installed
    it is a big task my hat's off to ya I love my EFI but I also love the carb bikes also
    www.husqvarna510.com
    duggoey and ray_ray like this.
  3. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Are you going to the EFI from a newer Husky, or something aftermarket?

Keep us updated about how this goes! I do not think that I will do something like this on my 610, but I like EFI and it's a cool project!
  4. matusko Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE610
    It surely will be an adventure - I'm actually working on FSAE project at my university, and this year we went from four cylinder Honda to single cylinder engine. Anyway, rules restrict us to 20 mm intake diameter, so we need to get as much as we can from this engine. We will use aftermarket ECU and custom CDI. Regular TE610 magnet needs some machining to make a trigger wheel with decent precision, but this one from SM610i.e. seems it can solve at least one problem for me. But I'm not yet certain that it fits to my TE610.
    Thanks for your interest, I'll keep you posted on my progress, but don't expect to see much of it soon, it is a student project and we are currently busy seeking sponsorships.
  5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    What aftermarket ECU are you using?

We had Haltechs on the FSAE cars at my university, but that was nearly 10 years ago. The AEM stuff is nice, but not cheap, and probably way more feature-rich than you need on a FSAE car.

Edit: A thought with regard to your compatibility question: look up the part numbers for a 2001 TE610 crankshaft, for both models of bike. If they share the same crank, the odds get a lot better for compatibility.