1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc carb versus fuel injection on the husky 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by R-J van Hulst, Jun 17, 2011.

1. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Hi

I was looking on the husky web site and 1 question came straight up and another thing keeps me wondering.

the question is why they don't mention the CR/WR 150 at all as that there are official sales of these bikes.

another thing that keeps me wondering is on the SM 125 and the WRE 125 is a feul injection system mounted that (to be claimed) get the bike in the emision rules.

the CR 125 (is a closed circuit bike) and the WR 125 (this could be a proper road worthy bike) are equiped with the carb.

is there somebody that can tell me if there is a significant difference between the fuel injection and the carb with respect on engine performance or power delivery characteristic?

Thanks
    Robert-Jan
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stick with a carb. Much simplier. No significant difference if both are adjusted correctly. Fuel injection requires a battery and fuel pump. It will be heavier. FI has no choke.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    A DI smoker is the go however. Granted it needs a pump and a battery, but there is circa twice the fuel range, a much wider powerband and as emmmission capable as a current 4 stroke. It has happened in scooters, snow mobiles and outboards, dirtbikes are next.