Carbs vs EFI......which to buy?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by slopaso, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like carbs.........With that said I have been making the move back to Lectron carbs. EFI like performance without the complexity. I had Quicksilvers on my Honda 4 stroke and they were designed by the same guy. Edelbrock discontinued the Quiksilver. Lectrons are also altitude compensating. Better metering of fuel. Better economy. Better throttle response. Especially on a 2 stroke. They also have them for 4 strokes but I don't think they have an accelerator pump. I had Quicksilvers with AC pump and without. I actually liked the non pump model better. Better fuel economy and less jumpy in tight woods. The AC pump throttle response was actually too quick. I like a bit more control.
  2. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I have 20+ hours on my APT carb. I've bought another one and intend to put one on every bike I have (except the TM:rolleyes:) I'm also going to buy a Lectron and will provide another third party back to back opinion. I've only owned one FI dirtbike and that was enough for me. I pulled my bike out of the trailer on Christmas Day to show the carb to my visiting son. 33°F, one kick and idling smoothly!
    454x and john01 like this.