Carcar trip and race 2011 -- Cebu

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm posting this small race under the ride report section as I see this more of a report than a true race ... Maybe in the future I can get a race started and finished correctly and post it in the race section ...

Carcar is a small city that has a small MX type track and uses some natural terrain features in its track ... I really like the uphills parts of the track ...

I went down to Carcar 3 days in advance of the race to practice, prepared to campout the entire time but night one I was invited to stay at the home of the guy who owns the track ... Day 2 my gf Eva arrived so we got a room at a small Inn there and night 3 we rented a small house for the last night ...

No podium this time but it was a very good time seeing several friends and learning experience for track riding && going over jumps for me ...

This also verifies my 08 TXC250 Husky is not getting dusty or staying clean ...

08 TXC250 loaded and ready for the ~40 mile trip south to Carcar.
    CarCar_1.jpg

I cracked my head again on the trails and stopped for some needed TIG welding at NCX Exhaust Systems along the way (~$4.00)
    Carcar_3.jpg

Ocean view along the way. Carcar_4.jpg

San Fernando church. carcar_5.jpg

Carcar Welcome sign! Carcar_6.jpg
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The track was being updated by my good friend and racer \ EX champion Pepo Rubi .... I got to ride the track 1st as no one was around on Thursday afternoon with a race bike but me ...

CARCAR_8.JPG

Here are a few pics of the track and its uphills\downhills ..

carcar_012.JPG
    carcar_16.JPG

From on top of the hill looking down...
    carcar_19.JPG

Practice on Friday ... carcar_22.JPG
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More practice ..

carcar_23.JPG
    carcar_24.JPG

Race day practice!
    carcar_27.JPG

My customized Quick Flight jersey ...
    carcAR_26.JPG

Starting gate area ...
    carcar_29.JPG
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is me finishing 6th or so in the Open Enduro class ... Its a class for younger riders on non-MX bikes ... I have the right bike but the riders ages are well below mine (53) ... But, I think I will race these guys in the future ...
    carcar_30.JPG

This is my real race class -- Executive C ... An old guys class for maybe ~40 yrs old or so riders ... Bike size and type do not matter here ... The guys in the gate around me are friends and we do trail rides together ... The faster guys (friends and trail riders also) are all outta sight to my right as they are hoping to blast up the inside and get the holeshot ... I'm not so aggressive so I hope to rail on the outside and avoid trouble ...
    carcar_33.JPG
    carcar_34.JPG
    carcar_36.JPG

5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    A few more pics of the crowd and the racing .. It really got packed up with people there ... These guys luv bike racing :).... Zero entry fee also...
    carcar_38.JPG
    carcar_39.JPG
    carcar_40.JPG
    carcar_42.JPG

This is me in the 2nd moto of the Open Enduro class ... A split second after this pic was taken, the guy to my right clipped me and I shot over into the crowd on my left that was about 5 people deep and crashed ... It felt like I hit a giant marshmallow when I left the track and hit the crowd ...No one was hurt and the guys I crashed into just laughed ...
    carcar_41.JPG
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    My 08 TXC250 Husky after the race at home, looking well-ridden, good, waiting for it's wash job and next upcoming ride :)

100_2060.JPG

100_2059.JPG
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I always enjoy your pics and reports from your slice of paradise. :cheers: