Carmen jet?

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Nov 4, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm going to do this small trip with a little twist ... Reverse the process of showing the ride after the ride ....I'll show the reason for the ride before the ride, make the ride, and then report the results ...

This pic is from goggle maps ... It looks real enough and to its left, there looks like a possible air strip for a possible landing of such an aircraft ... One of the scenes from 'Romancing the Stone' comes to mind here ...

Not sure why a jet would be parked at this location but I'm gonna go find out ..It is only a few miles from me and I know the area ~well ... I hear some thunder from the north where I'll be heading so I'm taking the gore-text coat ...

CarmenPlane_1.jpg

I use google maps as much as possible to find trails and roads that cross my AO and the island..
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Maybe it is best not to start a report till finished ...

I could not find the plane :( ... I was in the right area I think but the terrain would not support a plane landing there as what looked like a landing strip is on a mountain side ... The plane its' self would be sitting well down a steep incline and in a big valley ..

Is it possible that that plane is actually several hundred feet off the ground and flying at the moment the photo was snapped?
  3. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    looks like it's shadow on the ground