Carolina Riders

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Wadman, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

I dont know how many North and South Carolina riders we have on here but we need to all meet up and go riding. Kreig and I have already met and rode together and had a blast. It would be neat if there was some way for someone on here to develope a page that we could put our name by the state we live in.
  2. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

grew up in FayetNam NC and Cola SC. Have brothers in Fuquay NC and another in Cola SC..

Is there really any good riding around there ? My bro in Fuquay (Raleigh)says there is no where to go....

Kevin
  3. Boom Boom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wadman / Kreig, are either of you close to Carolina Adventure World or Brushy ? Just thinking of somewhere to make a trip south when things freeze up here in PA.
    Any other places you could suggest??
    Have been to Brushy and liked that a lot, but it can be just as frozen and cold there as here in PA. Have not been to CAW, but have been told it is nothing but quad stuff. However in the off season not sure how picky I can be.
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Actually, Wadman, WRBOB, and myself are all pretty close to CAW and Brushy and TNT Motorsports. CAW is actually pretty cool for trail riders. I wouldn't categorize it as a quad place. There's tons of trails that cater to a wide variety of riders and machines. Never been to Brushy, but Wadman tells me it's cool so we'll probably ride there soon. TNT is more MX practice track oriented with a few nice trails to keep the Dads busy while the kids scream through the doubles, woops and tabletops.

Boom Boom, have you been to Rausch Creek in Tower City, PA? My son and I go to PA about 4 times a year to ride near those trails. I grew up on that land in the 70's. In fact, Cody and I will be doing some cold weather riding there next week as we'll be going to Mom's for Thanksgiving.

Oooops, I'm hijacking Wadman's Carolina thread... sorry bro! ;)
  5. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

Im going to answer both of the above post in one. Kevin, there are alot of places within the area to ride. You can go somewhere different every week and not go over 100 miles to get there. Boom Boom, I am 68 miles from CAW. There are alot of quads there but there is also alot of fun for bikes too. Brushy Mt and Brown MT are both in this area and alot of fun if you love rocky climbs up mountains. I like that kind of stuff but some dont. There are some "goat trails "at Brushy that most wont try to tackle. We also have about four or five different locations to ride in the Sumter National Forest. People come from all over the U.S. to ride at C.A.W. The facility is as nice as some country clubs. carolinaadventureworld.net check it out.
  6. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Carolina rider

I live in Salisbury, NC, and I would love to meet up with you all and ride some where. Doesn't really matter where as long as it is riding. Going to Hatfield McCoy this weekend. Think we are going back to the Indian Ridge trail head. You can message me here or call me. Todd 704-798-2044
  7. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do not forget about Wambaw Trail near Awendaw, South Carolina. Over 40 miles of single track maintained by the forest service. Plenty of whoops, sand, and tight single track.
  8. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

How far is Hatfield Mccoy from you? I think its pretty far from here.
  9. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

This will be our 3rd trip to this trail head, its roughly about 3.5hrs from us. I think thats the reason we keep going to the same one because its the closest. Its about 20min north of Bluefield. I've been to the Rock house trail system too, but its been years ago on fourwheelers.
  10. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

I ride alot but usually dont go over 2 hours to do it. I will ride with you when you get back from W.VA. Just message me.
  11. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Guys I live in Charlotte and have riden with Krieg once at TNT. He taugh me more about my bike in one day than I could have learned in months of reading. I rode and raced a lot in the 70-80's and now I'm fighting the learning curve of new dirt bikes. I always ride alone at TNT because I can be there in 50 minutes. I really need to branch out so I can ride my bike up a hill or on a strip of land longer than 50 meters.

I signed up for the Sumter Enduro Jan. 29, so I need to do some riding. My other problem is that I have a 1200 GS that loves to play on the weekends. Then there's the bicycles, well I want go there now.

Wadman, where are you in SC? I have a 3 bike trailer and will to drive a couple hours. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

WR Bob
  12. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

I live in Spartanburg, Im planning on riding somewhere this weekend if you want to ride. The good thing about TNT is the rain never shuts them down. I will P.M. you my cell number.
  13. braced23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300 2012 TE310 2009 450 TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 200XC (son)
    Saturday after Thanksgiving

If any of you Husky riders are available to ride Saturday after Thanksgiving, try Brushy Mountain. There will be at least 4 Huskys some KTMs and a Yamaha in our group riding.
    Tim #321
  14. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

CAW Sunday?

Any Carolinian's been to Carolina Adventure World or want to try it Sunday. Any suggestions on which trails to ride? Thanks.

WR Bob
  15. braced23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 200XC (son)
    Come to Brushy Saturday instead. CAW has some interesting off camber but isn't as fun by a long ways as Brushy. Last time I was there the trails were beat up from rain. Brushy will be hosting the demo rides of the Husabergs..so if you're curious about any of the FE models 390,450,570 or the FX450, they'll be there for you to ride.
    Tim
  16. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

I think I'm up for Brushy on Saturday, I haven't been there in a long time. I'll roll in mid-morning after it warms up a bit.
  17. braced23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 200XC (son)
    Say hello, I have an 09 450 TXC blue backgrounds # 321. I bet the 310 is perfect on the enduro and goat trails.
    Tim
  18. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Guys if I can make it up to Brushy Sunday, I'll look for you and be there by 9am. I ride a 2009 WR 125 and drive a silver Element. Thanks for the invite.

WR Bob
  19. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

Uhh Bob, we're going Saturday. :excuseme: Just sayin'...

BTW, don't look for me until at least 10:00
  20. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

Im going somewhere saturday. I may go to either CAW or TNT. I like TNT for the speed but CAW has some great trails also. Its just that the quads have messed alot of them up.