1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Castrol A747 Premix

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jmp2001, Feb 11, 2013.

1. jmp2001 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    The manual for my new WR250 calls for this oil for premix. Only problem is that it doesnt seem to be available here in the states. What could I use as a substitute? Thanks.
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I personaly would not run A747 even if you could get it, Ok it smells wonderful but wont mix with other oils and is prone to carbon build up, a lot of users fouled plugs more in slow type riding more so than a synthetic 2 stroke oil
    A lot of 125 road race guys still use it over here in the UK but not many people other than these guys bother
    Im sure someone will chime in with their favorite type for the 250
    My every day choice is Castrol Power 1 fully synthetic, burns clean and always leaves the motor with a nice oily film when torn down for what ever reason
  3. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
  4. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I used Castrol TTS synthetic for a long, long time. Now I use Klotz Super Techni-Plate. 36-1 ratio. www.klotzlube.com "Pure synthetic bases are blended with 20% BeNOL® Racing Castor Oil. Provides engines the Clean Burn™ quality of Klotz® synthetic lubricants along with the exceptional film strength of castor oil. Degummed castor oil reduces ring groove deposits and protects engines in high RPM and extreme heat applications. Blends with methanol alcohol and gasoline." But, opinions are like, *******s, we all have them. Ride Safe.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I use the same thing as bob. I used the A747 a few years ago, while I could still get it.
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Actually, you should use Maxima K2. Probably as good as A747 but burns clean and actually develops more power. Originally designed for Team Suzuki (Roger DeCoster). I have been using for over 2 years now and won't go back to anything else. Smells nice too. Cleaner than Maxima Super M or 927. I mix at 40:1 and works great.
    CelticDude likes this.
  7. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    The important things to note here is that there is no single oil that you "should" use; any decent premix oil designed for this application (bikes, as opposed to chainsaws or something) will be fine. Everybody has a favorite, but there are lots of options.

I have used Maxima Super M, Premium-2, Bel Ray H1R, and a couple other I can't remember. They were all fine! Some of the other suggestions in here are good too!
  8. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I have always used Yamalube, but from a suggestion from a good friend of mine, I tried Lucas that is available at most auto part stores. I didn't notice any difference between the two oils except for leas smoke from the Lucas. I never foul a plug and almost no oil in the powervalve assembly. Plus it's much cheaper and easier to get. http://m.motorcycle-superstore.com/...kw={keyword}&gclid=CIiej8yrsbUCFQGunQodo2UAHw
  9. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Just picked up a bottle of the Lucas myself. $9 a quart a O'Reilly's and has a nice dark color so I can see it. Been using Repsol for a while but they don't sell it locally anymore.
  10. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I tried a liter of Lucas and had a set of rings go away real fast. I doubt it was the oil, but I didn't take any chances with it after that.
  11. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

To be honest, I have heard nothing good about Lucas products from those in the know. Too many good oils out there to use a second rate oil.
  12. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I have been running the Lucas for 100 hours now at 40 to 1. Runs great.
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i like amsoil dominator @ 40:1 i have to drive 20miles out to my buddies who's a dealer but for 45 bucks a gallon his cost i make the trip that's less than half the the good buddy deal @ the shop a mile down the road for a gallon of h1r