Cazorla trail ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Touratrail, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Touratrail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Our first visitor from over the pond enjoyed his trip to Spain irrespective of the bad weather Europe has been subjected to.
    Mike G, a school teacher, from Canada made a month long tour of Spain taking in as much of the sights as possible. Before arriving at our base in Quesada Mike had visited Barcelona, Sevilla and Cordoba. Whilst with us he was fortunate to escape the rain but the aftermath meant that we had a difficult time avoiding the horrendous landslides and mud. Mike took it all in his stride and was fortunate to be present when we were invited to a local Migas fiesta (only the Spanish would close the village streets, to build fires mid street and cook over the open fire until the early hours, in January!).
    Day two of our ride required a river crossing over a low bridge (all other river crossings were too deep due to the recent rain), however on approach to the bridge the going was getting softer. As I was leading the tour I hit the soft stuff first and realised there was no turning back, so continued to the river, but the river had broken the bank and deposited two metres of what can only be described as quicksand!
    Mikes route through the mire was not quite as successful and he managed to park up just before the deep stuff (see photo). I was thankful that Mike was a fit guy as it took over half an hour to extract the 310, we were both up to our knees as we took turns between extracting the front and back wheels before the opposite end sunk again!
    Mike rounded off his stay with us by very generously helping us gather our olives, before a three day mountain climbing trip in Cazorla.
    We had not considered that we would have clients from the other side of the Atlantic, but based on the prices that Mike had obtained for flights it now looks a distinct possibilty that we could repeat the experience.

Saludos Esteban

Attached Files:

2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

That right there is what turns an ordinary adventure into an extraordinary lifetime experience and long lasting friendship :applause:

Good story, do you have more pictures?
    My little brother is trying to get me to do a motorcycle adventure in Spain so maybe one day we’ll meet, as it is cash flow is a bit tight right now…
    Do you guys rent helmets and gear too?

:thumbsup:
  3. Touratrail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Photos

Hi Muddy

I have quite a few photos (and some video clips) however I'd like to know if someone can tell me the best way to put them onto a thread so they appear in order with text in between. The few that I put on my first thread yesterday came out as thumbnails at the bottom of the page, I did my best to reduce the file size in photoshop.

Until I get the hang of posting photos you can see some of what we have by following this link, on this page are several other galleries as well.

http://www.touratrail.com/GALLERY_MAIN_Touratrail_Offroad_Motorcycle_Tours_Cazorla_South_Spain.php

And yes, we provide bikes, riding gear, petrol etc
  4. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

5. Touratrail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Rob

Here goes;

Mikes improvised solution to an enduro center stand!
    [IMG]

Mike now heading for higher ground.
    [IMG]

A dry sunny patch at last.
    [IMG]

I hope that all worked out, if so I'll drop some bike pics on the appropriate page later.
  6. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

worked fine mate. looks like a dry Wales dont it?!?!?! :)