1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CDI mounting is inadequate

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MotoMarc36, Nov 25, 2012.

1. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Found my first flaw in my 12 CR144. This may be old news to people familiar with this gen frame, search turned up only a brief mention burried in an unrelated thread. It may also only happen to MX ridden machines.

The CDI easily slides out of the rubber suspension. There are two tiny tabs molded into the CDI meant to prevent this, but they don't cut it. I came back from a 20 minute moto to see my CDI dangling by the harness. Horrified, I assume it was slamming around on the motor/carb/frame. Not cool for delicate circuitry. Next moto it had almost worked its way out. When I got home I ran a zip-tye around in, through the rubber mount loops to really squeeze the suspension to the CDI, and slipped it back over the frame tabs. We'll see if this ends it, seems like it will. BEWARE!!
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Our '11 150 CDI is mounted differently than the '12's. It hangs under the tank next to the left motor mount. You can't see it real well under the larger tank but the bottom edge is circled in the pic. We've never had an issue with it coming out of the mount in lots of races.

Leftside-1.jpg
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Pic without the big tank.

cdi.jpg