Chad Reed has knee surgery

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Heal up Chad! :cheers:
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The story says he'll be back for the outdoor season so the injury must not be too bad ...
  4. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I heard he is only going to miss this next round of sx before he comes back
  5. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 WR250F, 01 YZ250 2t, 98 VTR1000
    I think he was just getting the Dallas SX injury surgery cleaned up a little. Get well mate.....and contract two-two into off road on huskys!:banana:
    That red and white Shift gear looks sick on our bikes, trust me :thumbsup:
    4eyes likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR22 sort of got fed up with all the Japanese companies ...Maybe SP has something for him ... CR22 comes with a built in fan base also ...
  7. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I like your thinking....
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR22 is doing what most others can't or will not do with his own team for sure ...

I'm still on Shorty side for getting on a Husky ... He's been in-house before and sort of in-house now I guess with his ride ... Built in CRED and a fan base ... He's the USA rider who rode the 350 here in sx while it was got dialed in and then raced it to his same place finishes against the 450s ... Looked like ~100% success there to me ... Shorty just took it all in stride including all the other stuff he has dealt with lately ...

--
    After switching bikes so often recently, he might be glad to get on an even newer new, new new bike ... His interviews are pretty good also and I'm sure will present this saga in a very good light ...

--
    I'd like to see the 310 raced there if possible ... AS29 is the man for that job also ... 250s run almost the same lap times as 450s, 350s are the ~same times ... I bet that 310 will do alright there with AS29 on board ... OR maybe move one of the hotshot 250 riders up on the 310 and let AS29 have the 450 ... The orange crush 'group' (that we all know exists in the form of SP) can ~dominate the top 10 maybe .. Not the top 5 but the field opens up alot after RV2 .. RD5 is locked in top 3 ...
  9. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    While were dreaming we may as well stick em on two strokes :thumbsup:
    4eyes likes this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Correct! ... I forgot to add this ... I don't see a reason for the other 'Group' in SX racing not to inject the type of bike they are selling around the world, that honda and the others brands do not want any part of ... The other big 4 brands would probably lay a brick if this was attempted ...

I'm not sure how much this will help the SP Group bottom line, but it will sure be sticking it to the Japanese brands if he could pull something off of this magnitude ... If I was in his position with his money bags, I'd give it thought ... Just get the right riders and let the bikes race ... Even if just for a couple yrs, the PUB would be great .... You gotta remember, about all the young riders from age 30(?) yrs old have never ridden a 2t ... They are clueless on this machines ..

PS -- Not dreaming here (this is business) but this could be a Japanese nightmare on a small scale ... And good for every dirt bike rider on the planet ... (The ultimate 2t rider is js7 :) ... An aging js7 :0 ) ... His juice is getting low so maybe no more championships but he probably will always be a drawing card will need a check ... As a bonus he has had some past factory issues to keep them away from him ...
    4eyes likes this.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    CR22 should retire soon. he does not need the cash or to prove anything to anyone. Why risk your neck for what? Sorry but stupid cross is really nothing more than a crash waiting to happen, compared to other racing series the percentage of injured out of action drivers is way higher, what does that tell ya. You got a family and your overall health and you own a team, let the kids risk their bones for glory......
    My previous comment is not a baiting thing it's just my opinion, and I still support the sport, I just don't agree with the whole 90 foot long 50 foot high do it or lose, jumping culture involved.
    Chad see you in the outdoors, and think seriously about stepping off the fast train.
    surfer1100 likes this.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was surprised he came back this sx season after that crash he had following RV2 around the track .. Apparently the pay is well so he keeps riding ...Doing the out doors is surprising ... MX has not been in strong suit in the past ... And he ain't winning a title unless several different riders do not finish the MX season and he can squeak in ...
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I had just watched the Toronto race. When did he hurt his knee? They mentioned he was having surgery from a previous injury. It would be awesome to see him in some offroad events. He'd be awesome with some Grand Prix/hare scrambles. We all know people that think we're dumb and asking for trouble even riding motorcycles. I think mx/sx is something he loves and it's difficult to give up. I have an old back injury that recently got a lot worse. Riding dirtbikes isn't going to help me any in my situation but I can't get racing out of my head. I really understand where he's at. At 27 years old its hard for me to take what's happenening to me. I was all prepped to race on Sunday and had gone to the hospital on Thursday. It was fun watching the races but hard not to be a little bitter lol. I think he's riding pretty smart out there and I hope he lasts a while longer. I really hate seeing any of these guys hurt. The "show" part of pro motorcycles racing has gotten out of hand. Especially when they don't make enough money to retire at such a young age.
  14. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    Chad Reed has been my favorite rider for years, I would love to see him field a Husqvarna next season. I hope his surgery goes well. I too heard about it during the TO race.
    ray_ray likes this.
  15. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    hey ray_ray, not a husky but its reedy on an off road 2 smoker.

Attached Files:

16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sure that is CR22?

A streetlegal 2t dirt bike? I'm way behind the power curve on dirt bikes around the world ...
  17. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah mate its reedy alright,back when he was 15. Suzuki used the ride for their marketing shots as well as a test for one of the magazines. All our enduro bikes are street legal, except for the Rmx 450 ironically :rolleyes: Most states require vehicles to be registered in state forest and national parks, everything that applies on the road applies there also. A non registerable bike wouldn't sell real well. Kind of makes it tough on younger riders though, their restricted to private property and mx tracks.
  18. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Shane Watts on the Sydney Harbor Bridge, totally legal........almost:banana:

Attached Files:

Coffee likes this.