1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Chain adjuster snapped

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marcmo0, Sep 10, 2012.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Now what how the hell do you get the bolt out of swingarm. It was siezed and snapped off flush to where it goes in. Never had this happen on anynother bike!!! Not too happy right now. Anyone else have this happen and how the hell did you get it out without f'ng up the threads in swingarm?
  2. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I just had this happen 2 weeks ago.I ordered a swingarm buddy. Crude but effective.
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Which one did you get? I dont see one listed for Husky 300
  4. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    The other option (which I have successfully done when the bolt is steel, and casing is aluminum):

Find a nut slightly bigger than the stud

Weld the inside of the nut, to the stud, even if the stud is flush, you can build it up.

Turn nut to the left to remove the stud.

You won't be able to weld your nut to the swing-arm since it's aluminum, and the heat flashes might just be enough to break the corrosion on the stud.

I did this on the bottom of my wetbike exhaust plate. Well, actually, I took it to a friends house, with a few beers, and watched him do it. Might be your best case scenario, then the swing-arm buddy as your back-up..

[IMG]
  5. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Why not drill out and retap the threads? just use a slightly smaller bit and take care to hit center.I've done this lots on vehicles without hurting threads.
    Make sure to use antiseize when putting back together.
  6. smooman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510, TE511, WR300, TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada1200s, KTM300EXC
    +1.
    The LH chain adjuster in my 511 swingarm seized and snapped, the bike is brand new (130km's), long drill bits, start with a small bit and take your time, use plenty of cutting fluid.
    Once I drilled through the snapped bolt about 300ml of water came pouring out.....dunno where it came from, I ride my 300 more and wash it more and I pulled the rear wheel off to check and put anti seize on the adjusters and they were like brand new.

Use an extension to re tap the threads so what you're grabbing the tap with is clear of the end of the swing arm so you can make sure you keep it straight.

I tried welding and that adjuster was seized good....kept snapping the nut off of the adjuster.

If you make a mistake and go too big or drift off into the swing arm (easy to do.....), you can always heli coil it.
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Did you take the swingarm off when you drilled it out or just do in on the stand? I just don't want to mess it up.
  8. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Use a smaller bit(I'd go two sizes first),hit center and you will be fine.I would just do it on the stand since the arm will be awkward no matter where it is.
    The goal is to clear out as much material without hitting the threads and then just clean out the threads with a tap.
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I got some tianium drill bits and had another Cafe member help me drill a straight hole. Then I used an extractor to remove what was left of the bolt. Then I got an insert kit, tapped the swingarm and installed the insert. This was two or three years ago, and it's been good ever since then.
    [IMG]

[IMG]