1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st chain guide questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by justintendo, Feb 13, 2015.

1. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    have a 95 that still has the old style guide with the single wheel, its a 360 with the right side drive. at the swingarm it has the two tabs for mounting a real guide. the listings i see go back to 04 but they sure look like they would fit my setup, can anyone confirm? thanks!
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The old wheel type is better for off road since it gives when it hits a rock or log. The mx block style is more popular but I have found the old style to be more effective at its job of keeping the chain on. The "real" guide should fit.
    oldbikedude and justintendo like this.
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    hmm, thanks for your opinion, thats definitely food for thought. i was just thinking newer style was maybe better, but i havent had any problems with what it has. many of the older swedes ran this "old" style too, and it worked. maybe newer isnt always better?
    oldbikedude likes this.
  4. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    The New Style chain guide is crap/rubbish/waste of Time and money... you either go for an old School chain guide or a tm designworks guide.
  5. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    a tm designworks or brp "block style" is what im asking about. as compared to the old single roller deal.
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not really any better than the old school one other than they can wear the chain faster especially the masterlink.
  7. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Am I right in understanding that you believe the old style single roller type guide is a better design? I can see they won't wear excessively due to a bigger rear sprocket being fitted.
    They appear to only have a single mount point and therefore I assume can pivot but appear vulnerable to side impacts (if that's an actual issue). Are they spring loaded?
    The more I think about it I don't think it would be too difficult to design a guide that uses both mounting points, making it more resistant to side impacts but has a roller instead of a rubbing block to reduce wear and possibly noise...any thoughts? I am quite prepared to accept criticism, constructive or otherwise.
  8. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    I changed back to the old roller guide and i m very pleased- its good been single mounted only - it can flex quite a bit.