1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Changing oil on my WR300 - very light brown color(is it ok)?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Dec 1, 2010.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    All the years riding dirt bikes I have never seen my oil such a light brown color like this last change, usuually its more blackish in color. I always change the oil every two rides(approx 8-10 hrs) with the good quality (80 w MAxima) stuff I got recommended from my Husky dealer. Last two rides I was especially hard on and beat up the clutch something fierce(I would say more than normal). Is this just normal after harder rides or is it something I should look more into..thanks ahead of time.
  2. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    hmm mine looks like gear oil when it comes out. Dunno how you make it black after 8-10 hours o.O
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I have always been told that the black color of oil is caused by the carbon deposits left behind by the unburt fuel.
    If it's a light brown color I would say that's a good thing.:thumbsup:
    Just keep using a good quality oil like the one you're using and change it lots.

:cheers:
  4. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

did you ride in deep water? It can suck water through the drain hoses. It´s enough with very little water to make the oil greyish:eek:.

Johnny
  5. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Pacific nw-lol so yes thats all i ride
  6. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Does your bike require 80 wt oil? My 125 manual says Agip City which is 10-40.
  7. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

How often should u change engine oil on the WR300? I was told not to worry about changing it tho I don't ride water or muddy areas.
  8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I change at 10-15 hours depending on clutch use. When go Supermoto i have longer intervals.
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I change the two stroke tranny oil whenever it gets dirty looking. All my two strokes have little inspection ports on them. As long as I look in the little sightglass and can see that the oil isn't discolored or opaque, it's good. If it has gotten milky, grey or I just can't see through it anymore. it's time to change it.:thumbsup:
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    80wt ?????????? :eek:

unless your coolant is disapearing....dont worry about it. esp after you hump the clutch. crankcases condense water when hot.

i dump my trans every ride as i smoke the cltuch a lot. frags come off the discs and plates and contam the oil, bearings and seals dont like that! if you ride in the wet or hump the clutch, dump it every ride. a qt of 10-30 is 3$. cheap insurance. do it.
  11. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    why eek?(I am clueless and was just taking recomnedation from shop)
  12. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I take it the 80 wt is actual gear oil which has the viscosity of a 30 wt engine oil. Transmissions break down oil by heat and high shear forces - you don't get any carbon blow by like engine oil. Just because the oil color hasn't changed the way it looks doesn't mean that it is still OK. I change mine around 10 hours- like said before "cheap insurance.":cheers: