1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Changing plugs

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by CoWR360, Jul 23, 2011.

1. CoWR360 Husqvarna
    A Class

Kinda basic question here.I've recently picked up a 2000 WR360
    it has a FMF pipe and I live at 6200' elevation,after a talk with Ann/Dan at
    MotoXotica I installed the jets that they recommended and am Thrilled with the way she runs now.
    I changed the plug when I got the bike and changed it with the jet change,how often on average do you guys change 2-stroke plugs?I do carry spares and I'm running the NGK B8ES Thanks guys.
    Matt
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Mine get new plugs twice a year. Cheap insurance. I don't trust heat and vibe cycled ceramic dealio's dangling in my chambers.

YMMV.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Each time a plug tries to foul or loads up it will be easier to foul the next time. If it sits around for long periods of time it will have the same affect as having been fouled. On the other side, if it is ridden a lot and runs crisp and hard it can go years without a problem. This is any engine not just a 2t. If mine feels like it wants to miss a little after a long section of tight single track but cleans out after a long WFO then I will go ahead and change it plus if I'm going to ride a long way from my tool box I will have a spare plug and wrench in my pack or pocket.