Chinese Radiator UPGRADE

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by icebergstu, Dec 10, 2012.

1. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    After my second failed stock radiator and no warranty I had had enough so about 2 months ago I hit up E-Bay and bought some cheapies...

Some people tried to warn me off buying these but due to budget constraints and the sales jabber on the ebay add I was sold.

I put the order in and within a week or so they were at my door.

I have done about 5 expert style rides with 80klm of 1st to 3rd gear single, logs, hills and a few top gear wide open throttle sections just for good measure.

There was 1 particular track that all the bikes would boil no matter what.

I have taken this track both ways with the new radiators and have not had even the slightest drop in coolant.

I am very satisfied with this brand of radiators and highly recommend them to anyone with a WR300

EBAY LINK: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/17079204...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1269wt_1165

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    ohmygewd and john01 like this.
  2. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I made the switch last year and have had no problems. The OE stuff is thin and junk in my opinion.
  3. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bought a pair and have had similar experience. Mine are GPI radiators. $93 for pair, shipped. So far so good. On 07 TE 450.
    J-train and Dirtdame like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Interesting.
  5. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been running a set of these for about a year also. No problems here either.
  6. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Holy Cow, i had to use safety goggles to look at those welds. Not Italian workmanship, probably welded by a couple of 7 yr. olds.
    Jersey Woods and Dirtdame like this.
  7. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    .. the 'factory look'..
    duggoey and B_M_F like this.
  8. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The alexon radiators that husky uses are pretty crummy. The toyo ones they use are fine. Good to hear the cheap one work good. The issue I have seen from them is the coolant pipes being in the wrong place on a couple of guys bikes like they didn't have their applications sorted completely out.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah it looks like the rads in the pix are for the older style where the lower outlets are to the inside. The pix and fitments have a lot to be desired. Still look robust and inexpensive. Good to hear reports and have options.
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    For the price you pay for the chinese brand...you can afford to send those to a shop to change the pipe locations to the desired location?

Well done Stu...ordered a set for my 360!!
  11. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not all of them have been wrong, just a couple of people reported getting the wrong ones. Probably a case of not having a good fitment application chart or good knowledge of huskys.
  12. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    had my eye on these for a while, good to hear its a decent product :thumbsup:
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ha ha thats a ripper thread title stu! chinese & upgrade in the same sentence just doesnt sound right but surely they couldnt be any worse than the oem poo. bmvarna should start fitting the wrs with these standard & bring the sale price down further & improve reliability a shitload! husky should be embarassed that theres chinese gear that costs a heap less than oem & actually works/lasts longer-disgraceful really. another worldwide failure register for them to consider?! what they cost ya stu & would force rad guards fit over em, they look a little thicker? do they hold much more fluid, help with not boiling as quick i guess?
  14. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine were too thick to use my flatland guards without 'modifying' the backside and losing some support. No complaints and the little tabs that usually break off holding louvre is real solid The Alexons just vibrated apart best I can tell.
  15. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    What always amazes me is how fast you can get something shipped from china. My last order took 4 days to my door. Cam.
  16. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    I've always steered away from the Chinese replica rads due to the adverse reports on fitment, nice to hear a good one. Certainly look stronger than original, I've no issue with the welds, seen better but it's taken to both sides and will be strong, the price is the main factor, they are a bargain.
  17. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
  18. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    My stock one have NO welds , just seams, my replacements are much more beefy.
    I got a pair for the WR250 , fast delivery , working well, bolted right up , less than half the price of Husky ones.

Wish they made them for the 449 , cant find any...
  19. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I have them on my 125 after one of the original ones sprung a leak, they are still going fine after two months but the holes for fitting them to the frame with bolts are a little too big and slightly wrongly placed, took a few minutes to cut some new bolts to shape, apparently they have ''30 percent more cooling capacity'' than stock, maybe this is relevant to why your bike doesn't overheat like it did with stock! I think they say that because they have extra cooling rows meaning more coolant can go in
  20. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Is it a good idea to have a set of rads as spares? I have never had a water cooled bike.