Clarke - large tanks

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just got off the phone with Clarke manufacturing. They are in fact building tanks for the 09 WR/CR125 and 2010 TE/TXC/TC 250. I gave them a bunch of info and offered them bikes. We spoke about the needs and fitment items. All sounds very positive. Going to be a few months but they are working on it and it all sounds VERY positive.

Good stuff.
  2. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are they going to put the extra fuel in the large MT space above the engine, as opposed to on the sides & top, as has been done in the past?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They are modifying the P3 plug so it will be very similar to that model. Fuel needs to go up some because of the TE/TXC 250 EFI bikes and fuel pump.
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    just called them to check on the progress: plug fits the bikes well and needs only minor tweaking etc...i gathered the stock upper shrouds will also still be able to be used as well, dont hold me to that though...

i also thanked them very much on behalf of us all for undertaking the project. i let them know how much we all sincerly appreciate them picking up this ball and running with it.

clarke rocks.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Been telling you guys this for months....

The P3 design full of fuel doesn't feel different than stock.
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Thanks for the "I told you so". Anyone who's owned or carefully looked at the EFI bikes hopefully understands this already.

P3 is good shite! Glad they have been involved in the process.
  7. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Perhaps this is a stupid question but why does the pump have to be up high? With a carborated bike you need gravity. But I thought with efi, since the pump does the work, the fuel could be anywhere. The pump just has to be below the fuel.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I couldn't resist.:busted:
    It's the 125 guys who don't understand..... The bike is just too low volume to get its own tank. I would have liked to see the tank fill the space, but it isn't happening.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Lets not forget Linsay at P3 for his time and efort........makes alot of other husky stuff in CF like guards and such. Suppot the guy who went out on a limb with a saw (and on the far end of the cut!) for all of us.

Thanks brothers. Saw alot of P3 CF stuff on Husky bikes at daytona.

Joe
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think for a outfit that does not advertise here they get lots of mentions etc. I don't mean that like I am pissed about it I mean it like obviously they are good company making good stuff. I'm not big on carbon fiber but their stuff is REAL nice.
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Kel,
    Your comment, coming from another vendor, I for one appreciate that. Shows the spirit of the purpose of this site. I try to support all who have helped me and others as well. It is somewhat easier to say kudos when they are from first hand.
    BTW the motoz enduro SI's rock. Can't wait to give them the ultimate test.....rocks. If they bite any harder I will have to increase the forks a click or 2 to get them to try to "push" a little as they bite so hard now in mud/sand.

Joe
  12. Aquavarna Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Guys - Check the Special Parts Catalog on the Husky website, there is a stock 11.5L tank listed and it also shows up on the fiche. Perhaps your dealer can order it for you, it looks like Acerbis, not quite sure but definitely sano.:thumbsup:
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    not in the USA yet.