Clear Creek ORV in Cali to reopen?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, May 1, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Might be good news? Anyone know more? From CycleNews

[IMG]
    K.Forte' likes this.
  2. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    The BLM closure is based on junk science produced by the EPA. Basically the BLM/DOI wants to close off CC to off highway vehicles. Despite the prolonged delay in releasing the FEIS, a number of local riders have resumed riding at Clear Creek as an act of civil disobedience because we are getting jerked around by the BLM. I like the bill number, 1776, but I'm skeptical of what these politicians are really trying to accomplish.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I heard about this. Ride on man ride on. :thumbsup: The whole thing is stupid. Hope it gets opened back up some day soon I want to head back there too.
    Jersey Woods and dukepilot like this.
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

This seems to be happening in a lot of places..... Were under attack here in Jersey as well..... It seems like it's open season on us and were up against the wall.... I'm a member of the AMA and they have a lot resources dedicated to fighting stuff like this....I very rarely talk politics ....... But in this case I'm not gonna hold back... A few month ago I posted Jersey Riders Beware to address this same type of issue.... I'm tired of people taking things from me that I cherish...I'm a tax paying responsible rider who's tired of people making asinine decisions that affect my way of life... These groups are hell bent on taking public lands and closing them off to off road riding.... I have news for these clowns.... Hikers and the garbage they leave behind cause more damage to the environment.... (I don't mean every hiker) We ride a lot of single track stuff deep in the forests and see the crap they leave.... I know of no one who I ride with that drinks a few beers while they are riding.... Yet there are beer cans miles deep in the woods.... As far as damage to the woods ?? The forest service creates fire cuts that are far more destructive then the single track stuff as far I'm concerned...I also wonder what's the end game here ?? Hoard all the land so no one can use it ?? Sort of like having millions of dollars in the bank and not spending a dime of it and wanting more ?? Let me get off my soap because I get so pissed at stuff like this...
    454x, MattS, HuskyTaylor and 2 others like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Reading the web is bad for me also ... I just have to stay away or just ignore it ...Its all out of our hands and we all get 1 vote for something better? That is why we vote, right?

Good luck on everyone's riding areas and I'd like to think the AMA is helping ... I'd like to hear their argument on some of these cases ...
  6. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I'd like to think we can vote out those who hate us, but I'm not naive I know better.... Because there are lobbyists who hate us that line the pockets of those in charge....
  7. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
    If voting worked they would have made it illegal years ago.
    Jersey Woods and Xcuvator like this.
  8. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

LMAO :lol:
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I predict that Commifornia will be the first state to ban internal combustion engines altogether. First they will go after gardening equipment, then model aircraft engines, followed by motorcycles, classic cars, passenger cars, and private trucks. Long haul trucks will be able to bring in loads by paying a huge fine to offset their carbon emissions, thus making an expensive place to live even more insanely so.