Clogged Fuel Injector? 2010 Te 250

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Jimmy250, May 18, 2015.

1. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Kind of at a crossroads here trying to figure our why bike keeps stalling and now won't start> During a trail ride yesterday the bike died on me and had to be towed home. Last week put a new fuel pump and filter assembly in the bike. Thinking that this could be the problem, Not sure of there is a new problem< has anyone had issued with their fuel injectors?
  2. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Fuel injectors will get clogged from dirt, old gas or gas stored for a while.
    It really is not to hard to clean a fuel injector. If you go to youtube.com and do a search , there are many videos of how to do this. You can also use a ultra sonic cleaner in them.
    Also you may want to invest in a fuel sock for your tank. It acts as a fuel filter when adding gas to the tank. You may be surprised what it will catch coming out of pumps these days.

Paw Paw
    bigjon likes this.
  3. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
  4. HusqRacr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511, 10' WR300, 2015 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 998, KTM 520EXC
    Can you hear the pump prime at key on? Check the flywheel to make sure its not loose and sheared the flywheel key.
  5. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Yep I hear the pump and I took off the gas line and turned pump on, and lots of fuel was being fed
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    My 2010 had a clogged fuel injector screen on the supply side, I just sprayed it with carb cleaner and problem solved. The stuff was very small and almost mud-like.