1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Clutch Basket Aletrnatives

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ohmygewd, Apr 2, 2011.

1. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I want to soon replace the WR360 clutch basket and looking for alternatives? Do WR250 basket's fit the 360 as the pressure plates are the same part numbers but the hub and basket aren't?
    I like the barnett or hinson unit but they don't list a 360 husky and FBF only has a WR250.
    GasGas, KTM, Honda...

Sigh..might just have to keep filing the grooves out :(
  2. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ill ask my dealer seems knowledgeable. What info would you like, cheapest, best, availability, etc. Let me know.
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Thanks mate...just want know what fits preferably the barnett style with the stainless steel inserts in the fingers otherwise any??
  4. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I wonder why the other clutch basket mfgers don't do that to the fingers also? There's nothing like paying big bucks for an aftermarket basket, and STILL having to file the grooves out because as it turns out it is not really any better than the stocker... Hard anodizing??? That is funny... Rant off.
  5. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe I need more education. So would one of the baskets you mention be better than stock. Mine is currently off the engine, if a better one is available, seems it would be worth a look.
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Newer baskets have more oil holes for better lubrication especially at the rear of the basket where the first few clutch plates get minimal oil which can cause stiction - you could do this on the OEM units.
    Like Letitsnow mention, it's the fingers and the constant checking for grooves that cause's clutch drag that pisses me off, especially on a 15yo bike which l don't want to file anymore as l run the risk of friction plate side movement.
    Anyhow, l'll go the OEM but someone must make a unit that fits or at least compatible with...sigh!
  7. Leepet Husqvarna
    A Class

I doubt that they are interchangable. Even though the 250 has the same plates it has more plates than the 360 so must be deeper. Strange considering the additional torque that the 360 has[IMG]
    Anyway, looking at the parts list, it's pretty clear that there are a lot of interchangable parts in the clutch so you might be able to trim the fingers on a wr250 clutch basket to make it the same depth as a 360 basket then use the 360 clutch hub. It's a huge if though and would probably, even it's a workable solution, make use of a barnett style clutch basket impossible. I'd go OEM if I was you.