1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Clutch basket

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by eric125, Sep 5, 2012.

1. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    One of the fingers on my clutch basket broke off from previous owner. The bike is 2002 wr 125. Is there a replacement clutch setup that is cheap. And or what is the cheapest way to fix it.... And or can I ride without the basket finger...it's just one finger.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    If you can't find a used one, new isn't all that costly. I just got one for a 125 I'm restoring and it was $44.13. You'll need six rivets @ $1.26 ea. I replaced the six rubber cushions too but probably didn't have to. They were $1.89 ea.
  3. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    what year bike did you need a basket for?
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I am interested !

where did you get that one?

mine is just a matter of time that it will have to be replaced so better to have one on the shelf.

Robert-Jan
    eric125 likes this.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Guys the baskets are available from Husky for that. Order from your prefered dealer. Robert-Jan pm me as I can get one and include it in your care package.
  6. dea9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150, 2004 CR125, 2006 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC200
    Are we talking basket or inner hub? I just paid 270-something for a new OEM basket for the 125. That was the whole assembly with the gear already riveted on.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dan,

You can get just the basket and then you have to rivet it yourself.
  8. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Just ordered the basket for 44.13$. I figured it be close to 100$. Ordered all new rivets and that nut retaining clip. How hard is it to drill the old rivets out and rivet the new ones in??
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The holes in the basket and gear are both countersunk and drilling them (not grinding) off the gear side is the best way.
    I have used a mill, but a drill press would work better than a hand drill. If you are using a drill press, I would get a center punch mark in the center of the head on the gear side and start with a small drill. After the centering hole I would use a drill smaller than the rivet head to preserve the hole. The idea is to drill just far enough to weaken the head so it can be separated with a couple of whacks on a small punch in the centering hole.
    The rivets are small and not hard so they can be set by hand with good support underneath.
    This would be a simple job for a machine or aviation shop if you don't want to mess with it.
  10. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    And the rivets you just hammer them in? Any pictures directions or videos of this procedure?