1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Clutch Basket

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by spud1968, Jan 12, 2013.

1. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine is worn the petals/fingers have grooves from the plates are rattling. Do you know if a 2008 clutch basket will fit a 2009 bike?.....Or have there been any changes to the clutch basket in the last 5 years?
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

No changes you are good to go. Same clutch going back a lot of years.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep. Also Honda 125 clutch plates fit in a pinch.
  4. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I won the clutch basket off fleebay.:D

The new basket has no cogs/gears fitted to it. The cogs/gears on my bike will therefore need refitting to the new clutch basket and i've a few questions:

1) The rivots holding the cogs/gears on my clutch basket can I use any rivet and gun to fix these to the new basket?.....or do i need a special husky tool and special husky rivets?
    2) Do you know the torque settings for the clutch springs and the big centre nut?
    3) How do you remove the clutch centre nut with out having the whole clutch spin/move? I've got the use of an air gun racket will this be enough, or do i use a spanner/screwdriver/coin to lock the clutch in position then undo the clutch nut?
    4) do i re-use the flexible coupling?
    5) have you any disassmble videos of this clutch?
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

the basket should come with screws to fasten the gear on.

They need loctite and to be peened over to keep them from backing out.

You can use an airgun to remove the basket after you bend back the locking tab on the bolt.

you should get a clutch holder tool to tighten the bolt though.
  6. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Many thanks
  7. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to restart this thread.......The basket comes with rivets I've not separated the clutch basket from its primary drive i'm going to give the basket to a machine shop to grind the old rivets out and press the new rivets in. According to the parts list i should have a flexable couplings part number:

8000 31378 and like the rivets there are six of these. Has anyone any experience of these flexable couplings and what they do?
  8. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    They are rubber dampeners that absorb stresses that would otherwise be placed on the transmission gears.

Do you know what cush drive is? They work the same way.

They do degrade over time and obviously they are not easy to replace so buy new ones if you can afford it.
  9. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes I know what a cush drives are best i replace them aswell. Pick below is my clutch basket do you,or anyone think its worn?

[IMG]
  10. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    you can file the worst of those out but its definatly not the worst ive seen.
    i wouldnt worry unless the clutch is grabbing excessivly.
    im sure ive just opend myself up to abuse but i would still shuv a load more hours on that bad boy.
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    that suckers toast! chuck it! ive seen worse come out. but if i had another lined up i wouldnt reinstall that one!

filing fingers is tricky. best to deburr only. taking them notches down to smooth opens a lot of doors for a lot of trouble.

hi pips, cheers mate, weeeee!!! :cheers: :D :p
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  12. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks guys, just to say I have considered filing the wear down of those pedals/fingers the gap is 1.5mm, but it should be closer to 0.5mm so its deffo a new basket. Are the cush-drives the same on another bike and where can i get some quickly delivered to the UK?
  13. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    mine looks exactly the same when i overhauled my engine and as i am in a corner of the world it is not that easy to get one I did file the groves out and ordered a new one in America Big thanks to walt:notworthy:

I have it now in my possession and its scheduled to change out next month

did get about 10 hours of OK clutch before it starts dragging again in the gears.

filing out is a quick fix to limp home on a tour or getting less then 10 more rides out of it, better to replace quick when you can

Robert-Jan
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    ahh well i guess my resale value is out of the window, but tbh ive never sold on a machine i always get every ounce of life out of the buggers.
    steadydirt likes this.
  15. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Back when Howerton- I think he was a Texan- was kicking ass in US MX he needed a new clutch every moto.
    I recall someone noting the bike was always moaning in 3rd or 4th gear;{presume clutch ABUSE]-Howerton was at the front.
  16. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Update: my local dealer has said there are no cush-drives at the factory and he's non in stock!.....i'm racing early February:banghead:
  17. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    check the web (halls or bills) advertized on this forum.

the parts are so small that they will fit in a normal envelope through the post

Robert-Jan
  18. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    ditto. i always get made fun for having tires with knobs missing and cords showing during the dry season. they work better that way on hardpan, save the knobbed hoops for the muck n stuff's my rule!
    juicypips likes this.
  19. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks, and i've mailed both for the cush-drives.
  20. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

pic of cush-drives........ three have cracks and one is loose.

[IMG]