1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Clutch burnishing

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Jul 13, 2016.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Does it really work? I'm still yet to order a new friction n steel set for 300s clutch(creeping in gear n out of adjustment after 240 hours). Was thinkin of givin it a go as nothin to lose really(well aside from clutch!!). I was over on GG website n coupla blokes have done it but buggered if I can find the thread now! Basicly put tyre up against wall n let clutch out with bit of revs til wheel wants to spin. Thoughts? Opinions? Ways of doin it?
    Should add my basket fingers are a little notched but before I order a new basket or file em down with new fibres/steels thought I'd try this
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Lol a burn out is what they suggest cure a creeping clutch. Lol do what you want man but don't use a good knobblie. Video it too.
    Personally i would check plates are clean between the friction bits and file out the notches.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Nah don't light it up jus abuse clutch I guess up to point it wants to spin. Do it on a cold clutch n burn the clutch a bit to stop it stickin. Gonna order clutch kit next coupla weeks all goin well but curious if anyone tried it before?

Yeh I file basket wen get new fibres n steels. Hav to measure springs too but hopefully they ok. Hav to c if new basket is available!
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    never heard of this mate!!

File down the notches and give the gearbox a good rinse with diesel...warm up the gearbox and dump the old oil, fill it up with diesel, start the bike and cycle up thru the gears on the stand, dump the diesel out and then remove the fibres and steels and lay the bike on the side over some rags to completely empty old diesel and crud.

I've had great success just pulling out the fibres and steels and give them a good clean as clutch creep can also be caused by clutch fibres binding..good wipe down and clean with contact cleaner does the trick.
    SmokeyExpress, NCSteve and juicypips like this.
  5. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    If you choose to file notches in your basket tangs I urge you to exercise caution to ensure you remove material evenly so as to maintain a consistent gap between each tang (from top to bottom) all the way around the basket...right down to the 0.01". Find the deepest groove and that's what you need to file each tang down to so as to maintain a consistent gap all the way around. If the gap is not consistent between tangs all the way around then some (or many) your friction plates will not align on the tangs, and the basket will impart more stress on the some plates than others, which may lead to overstressing a plate and possibly a failure. I tried to manually file notches in my oem basket and did not obtain the accuracy I was striving for, so I bought a billet basket from FbF and moved on to the next project. After I finished filing I loaded plates into the basket and saw that several were not touching the tangs while others were. There is a reason clutch baskets are cast and machined; because we can't do it by hand well enough. Also, plates are cheap. Buy new ones since you've gotten 240 hrs out of the stock plates. They lived a good life :).
    SmokeyExpress and shawbagga like this.