1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Clutch cable question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PowerKord, Dec 8, 2012.

1. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    clutch cable.JPG When I got my bike I swapped the ASV clutch lever from my old bike and in order to get the cable adjusted correctly I had to have both the perch and cable adjusters maxed to take up the slack. I also have a Motion Pro cable which was the same length. A while ago I had ordered a new OEM cable, but ended up never installing it because I bought the Motion Pro. I decided to try the new OEM cable today. I noticed that the newer OEM cable was about 3 inches shorter than stock so I hoped it would give me more adjustment. When I tried to mount it the only way I could see to get it to work properly was to run it between the two handlebar risers. I tried it with the bars lock to lock and it seems like it would be OK to use it that way. Unfortunately the OEM cable did not perform as well as the the Motion Pro, the same old dragging and creeping returned. I was wondering if anybody with a newer WR has the clutch cable routed this way from the factory?
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I don't have it routed that way but, I did a have a motion pro terminator made
    Iand it works far better than the oem.
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Yes those Terminator cables do work much better. I may end up sending the shorter OEM one I have to Motion Pro and have them duplicate it with a Terminator cable. I just think it's strange that this OEM is so much shorter, but had the same part # as the original.
  4. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    I have my bars raised up like yours and that is the only way that I could get my cable routed. Thought about trying a steering stabilizer but don't know how I would route my clutch cable. Would appreciate any suggestions?
  5. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    You could have a longer cable made by Motion Pro to go around the stabilizer.
  6. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Have you tried routing it behind the handlebars? Both my throttle and clutch cable are this way and it works well.
  7. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Thanks guys, I'm not sure what the deal is with this cable then. It had the correct part number on it. I think I'm going to send the MP cable back and have them shorten it a little bit.