1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Clutch Issues

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zilly, Sep 11, 2012.

1. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    So I am finally back together after breaking my wrist pretty badly in a fall early in the summer and am starting to piece my bike back together. I am hoping someone has some advice for me about a clutch issue. Before my wreck, I installed an after market clutch lever-I believe it is the MSR raptor and love the lever but as soon as I had it on the bike began to over heat. I am thinking that the stock cable is too long or too short and is causing the clutch to drag and thus making more heat. I maxed the adjusters on the cable and the lever in both directions and didn't really notice a difference.

Any ideas? I would like to keep the lever and am thinking of getting the clutch cable from the 04 or earlier since they are shorter...
  2. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Ok, new update. The cable on the the older bike is actually not shorter. So I am thinking I just need to get the perch from a 93-98 ktm since they are supposed to interchange.

Does anyone know if this will work?

http://www.ktm-parts.com/M55550.html
  3. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    cannot see how clutch would increase temperatures unless its constantly slipping, have you checked your water pump.
  4. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I have pulled the cover and visually inspected the pump.seems fine but will check again.my radiators are at mylers right now since I crunched them in the wreck with my wrist-it was overheating before my crash though.
  5. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Did you change the coolant before it started getting hot? Maybe a air pocket stoping flow?
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Do you have at least 1/8-1/4" slack in the lever ?
  7. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Yes I could adjust so that I had enough free play but when I did that with clutch all the way engaged (at the lever) bike would still roll forward unless brakes were on, which makes me think that is where my extra heat was coming from.i have added some coolant so the air pocket idea is interesting.i just need my radiators back to check.

Maybe I should look at the clutch plates?