1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Clutch push rod issue.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 27, 2009.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    OK, I my WR250 has a rekluse pro series clutch in it and yesterday morning I was loading up to go to my first race with it. I started messing with the clutch cable adjuster and pulled the lever in, POW. :confused: Then it felt different. So I start looking into the problem. To make a long story short, I ended up inside finding that the push rod is stuck in the counter shaft side of the cause and I can not get it, nor the actuator shaft to come out. I even had a rig with a 24" prey bar on it and it won't come out.

The other day I swapped springs on the clutch and it came out, so I know it will. I just can't imagine what has happened in the to hold it in there so tight.

I'm currently in the process of pulling the motor back out, so I can split the cases. I'm hoping that it will come out the other side of the main shaft with the case half or stay in the main shaft and I can pull it out once the cases are apart.

Apparently, I made the cable too tight and when I pulled the lever down to the bar, it over traveled the push rod into the pressure plate and broke something on the other side.

Anybody ever seen anything like this with the Husky's ?
  2. arp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 Enduro
    Hi there,
    I'm new here and have an '07 WR250 with clutch issues. Sounds like your push rod has passed the pocket in the pivot arm and jammed. Got any pix of the inside when torn apart? I'm searching for clues on why my clutch has failed. Any issues splitting the cases? What do you need to do to the tranny parts to get the cases apart?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't think you will have to split the case. Pop the clutch side off and inspect. The WR250 has an adjustable rob and ball I think. Bet something came loose. Might be a real EZ fix.
  4. arp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 Enduro
    I know the bearing has failed on the kicker side of the engine. I've looked in the hole, with a bore scope, that the clutch pivot goes into and found balls and bits of bearing cage. The failed bearing has caused problems on the basket side of the engine too. The bearing race has cracked. I'm hoping for some advice on splitting the cases. All I've read says its easy. I want to know what has to come apart in the tranny to let the cases come apart.
    Just curious though, in the pic you can see that the bearing race is partial because of the gears in the way. Seems to be a weak spot but I've not found any threads on any sites indicating that its an issue. Maybe I'm just special :)

Attached Files:

5. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

id invest in the tusk case splitting tool from www.rockymountainatv.com

i want one, have the crank installer already!WOOT!!!
  6. tree dodger Husqvarna
    AA Class

On my 04 WR-250 I threw a chain and broke my right case. The shop I took it to (not a husky dealer) decided to weld on the case without splitting the cases. Not a good idea. The tranny bearing on the right side has a plastic race and the heat destroyed it. I did not find this out untill I rode the bike. With the bad bearing, the shaft and clutch basket moved left to right so much that the pressure plate bolts rubbed on the inside of the clutch cover. Because of all the movement, the race for the bearing behind the clutch basket cracked. I had a real mechanic (Husky dealer) split the cases and weld where the race had cracked. After the repair, put 2500 miles on the bike before upgrading to a 07 and never had a problem.