1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Clutch rattle

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., Jun 24, 2010.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Got just over 70hrs on my wr300 and the clutch racket is starting to rear its head. You know the noise.... the one that quiets down when you pull in the clutch lever and gets loud when the lever is released at idle. All my bikes do it, so I'm not overly concerned but I want to know what it is.

I pulled the basket off yesterday and everything looks great. The pushrod has some uneven wear on the shaft closest to the blunt end, but its nothing too worrisome. Is the noise caused by the shaft rattling around in its bore? And it gets progressively worse as the bouncing shaft further wears away at the bore?

My yamaha has closer to 200hrs and it rattles like no other. Still works perfect though.

What the heck is rattling!?!?
  2. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

One of my 125's was rattling when the clutch was engaged, it turned
    out to be a fractured bearing cage on the main shaft.
  3. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

My 07 WR does the same but I don't worry about it.
    I believe it's just the basket ratting on the plates.
  4. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have around 70 hours on mine too, and it rattles. Works perfect though. I think all bikes rattle more or less, and as long as the function is as it should be i donĀ“t care:)! It could be my teeth that rattles too at my age:D!

Johnny
  5. Jornum1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell 1125r
    Hmm glad this is a common occurrence. I just bought a te450 and its my first dirt bike since I was a teen.
    I was getting worried about the noise on my newly rebuilt engine. Glad its not just mine!