1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Clutch rattle

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by buzuki, Oct 31, 2010.

1. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    WR300

Noticed the other day when sitting and idling the clutch is making a rattling noise, pull clutch lever in (disengage) it goes away. Oil was changed few months ago and only done bout 200klm since. Clutch still works as normal.

im not sure if its always been there and ive only just heard it or if its new.

Anyone else had a similar prob?

Cheers

Actually, just spotted a few threads with similar probs, appears to be normal. Bike would have maybe 50-70hours on it.
  2. husky430 Husqvarna
    C Class

I too have that noise with my 2002 WR250 and don't know if it was there all the timeor is something new, for that matter I also have a very similar noise on my KTM640. Neither bike seem to have any clutch problems and the noise goes away once you pull the clutch in. I too would like to know if anyone else out there have a similar noise in their bikes.
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    All my bikes do this. I think its the clutch push rod rattling inside the motor.
    My yamaha w/ hinson assembly sounds like its going to rattle apart, but it still keeps on ticking. I used to worry about..... like 125hrs ago.
  4. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    haha all good then, if it gets louder i may look into it.
  5. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Mine does it too....little more noticeable after I switched the oil to ATF
  6. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Mine has done that since new; It'll quiet down when I pull the clutch in...
  7. empiredownhc Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had the same noise in mine and it really worried me when i first got the bike. The dealer assured me that Husky's were renowned for their noisy clutches.
  8. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    MMM, I had a noise that had me worried, try putting your foot on the rear disc, and see if the noise stops. When I pulled the clutch in the noise stopped, which appears to be a rollover noise in the clutch housing. My noise was the rear disc. Pull the clutch in and the noise appears to change for some reason ? My foot on the rear disc and the noise is gone !
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    "noise" can be caused by a lot of things. dont nec mean there is a failure pending. the gear on the basket and it's counter gear can make a racket, as well as other stuff, then when loaded by pulling in the clutch the noise goes away. my '08 cbr600rr does the same thing. so does my TC. if ya see a lot of metal in the oil and the noise gets worse or dont go away when ya pull the clutch in, remove the cover and check it out. there's a lot of parts that have clearances for opperation and lubrication. all those moving around at at once sorta add up. if all those parts had no clearance oil could not migrate into these spaces and things would seize up quick like.

ever hear a ducatti clutch? talk about a clatter.