1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Clutch?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by redbone, Jun 29, 2010.

1. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 09 WR300, I would like to lighten the clutch pull a little. I saw something on here one time about changing out the clutch lever for a different one to lighten the pull. I can't find the post though. Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The clutch perch used on about every other bike (CR, YZ, etc) can be used. It will pull easier but also pull less cable.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don,t have any problems with the clutch on my 300. I think it´s very smooth and not heavy at all. it´s not as light as a hydraulic but not heavy. If you just keep it lubed and no bends on i´the wire there shouldn´t be any problem.

Johnny
  4. arp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 Enduro
    I made an extension that puts the pivot out an extra 1/2". Its for my WR250. There have been a few posts where guys did the same sort of thing but I had to search a while for them.

Attached Files:

5. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ballard's here in Australia sell a pivot assist clutch perch and lever which made the clutch pull on my WR300 really light. It's on page 64 - 65 of the catalogue. I'm sure you'd be able to get something similar in the US.

http://www.ballards.cc/catalogue-2010

Don't forget to keep the cable lubricated. Get one of those lube injectors and give it a squirt with WD40 every couple of rides. It makes a big difference.
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That is VERY nice. :thumbsup: