Coffs Harbour Australia Ride4Hope Charity ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dangermouse449, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Gudday from Oz! :thumbsup:

We have a riding group for a bunch of mates in Qld Aust & we have been down to New South Wales in the Coffs Harbour area riding before to celebrate a coulpe of the rider's 40th birthdays.

We really enjoyed the whole Coffs Harbour Detour experience run by 'Boris' & they choose awesome tracks & single trails.

We headed back this year, a month or so ago & decided to use the group to raise some money for charity as well. We raised around $10k for local school chaplains to continue helping kids in need.

I've thrown together a couple of videos of the action, there was so much more went to the cutting room floor as I ended up with 50Gb of vision for the 3 days :eek:

Hope you like them.

Video 1 - Getting there, the road trip with a stop on some go-Karts along the way.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1jqnHUIN3E

Video 2 - Action from the ride (It's a long one at 23 mins)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz8bZATKVR0
    Boogie likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds great on that charity money ... You guys have your heads on straight!!

That corral of bikes looks quite worthy ... I'll watch your VIDs later tonight or in the near future for sure ..

Gotta hit the hay but the first 3 minutes of the second VID is pretty bad a$$ ...
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Just finished the second video ... Looked like some pretty cool and gnarly riding ... Group rides are can be lots of fun for me if I can watch alot of the other riders tackle the obstacles and just ride well off the edge lots... That narrow pass towards the end where the bike and rider went over that ledge, I might just walk my bike past a place like that if too hairy ... I'm safety first ...
  4. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Ha ha.
    Yep, Mike was still confused as to how it happened even after sorting out his Yami. :)
    Fantastic riding down there and the guys are able to adjust the track choices to the skills of the riders on each tour. Top notch. :)
    Thanks for watching.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Watched the second viddy all the way through. Looks like fun was had by all. My favorite parts:
    Waiting at the top of the 1st day hill with the cheering/jerring section
    Berg trailside assitance with special Oz hand-cooled radiators filled with le plastic baggy
    Yami in the hole - Holy shit! :cheers:
    ray_ray likes this.
  6. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Thanks Husky :)
    The conditions and track selection was about perfect. Loved every km of the trip (y)

I'm the, ah, nominated trail mechanic whenever we go out. Lol. Most of the guys look after their bikes pretty well, but I always seem to be fixing one of them out there.(touch wood, never the 449 yet)

The Yami in the creek was pretty scary until we knew Mike was ok :o
    The bike lived to fight another day.
    Funny, but 4 years ago on the same ride, it was my own WR that got wet when I dropped it I'm a creek :)
    Thanks for checking in.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    VID 1 and the carts was pretty cool ... Someone out there looked like they have driven on a bumper car track also ... :)
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That whole creek section was one holy crap after another. There's a guy down there? Wait where's his bike? It's under water! Whoa. A riding trip to your magical land is surely on the ol bucket list.
  9. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Come on over Husky.
    Look me up, and we'll take a run through our favourite areas :)
  10. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I may or may not have driven rally cars for 10 years and then may have driven V8 Holden Pick-ups in driving shows around the country at country fairs :)

But I may not have :p
  11. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Nice work DM.. I haven't ventured too far south but sure looks good.. I.v heard the detour crew put on a good show. Proberly seen you up here at our show jumping the Utes and showing my kids what they can do in my 4b..
    Cool vid!!
  12. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Thanks mate.
    Yes, if you get the chance, I'd definitely recommend the Detour crew for a ride, they do a great job.

Yes, o did the Bundy show a couple of times in the Commodores before they finished up, they were good times. :)
    If you find yourself down on the Sunny Coast, give us a shout and see if we can organise a ride.
  13. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    rito mate will do.. We trying to organise a Glen Echo weekend in the near future with family(4 kids who all ride) and have seen plenty of vids of ridding the glasshouse areas. Looks like some fun stuff.
    Same deal mate, if you up our way and looking for trails, give me a heads up and I'll show you some of ours..