Cogon Cruz Barangay Ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, May 5, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You can see from these first few pics that I'm only a mile or so from the Pacific Ocean inland and just starting to get into the larger hills here that grow into the mountain ranges ... Pretty typical island landscape I'd guess.

I've rode most of this stuff before but not all of it. Lots of lava rock here ... Very hard, rips a tire to shreds quickly and not a place you wanna even fall over in ...

Here's a pretty good view of where I'm at on the island. And you can see the white cement roads.
    102_0735.JPG

Altitude and directional data.
    102_0748.JPG

That's Mactan (LapuLapu) island in the background with the white buildings and probably Bohol just behind there. Southern Leyte is out there somewhere also ... And Hawaii :) 102_0740.JPG

Here's a good look at the trail and lava rock ... Its steep and gnarly ...That rock is like steel, hard and unforgiving... No rounded edges on this stuff and ~95% is embedded...You can see some big chunks on the right side covered up in the weeds ... This stuff is bone \ case \ brake discs busters ... A knobby knob ripper.
    102_0742.JPG
    I've got some videos of some china bikes (125cc 4t) on trails and they do alright in most places ... But in stuff like this, you could bust a rim up if you try to carry much speed with them.
    Boogie likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I really like this part of the trail ... Nothing too hard with the trail changing all along the way ... Everyone is helping with directions along the way. These guys are not mountain folk but do not live in the flatlands by the ocean ... So, I think, this makes them more accustomed to seeing riders come through.

My mistake when I got hung at that small climb by the home ... Just did not remember the trail till it was too late and lost my momentum again :(

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAeuZATOK24
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the climb on up this ridge over some of that rough stuff.. This is my rekluse bike and this is a good example where that device is not what I want on a technical but not too slow climb ... I don't like how the ground speed and engine RPM are locked together. I should and could carry more speed on that first climb, but I did make it and it was all accomplished with a sort-of-set throttle position and a fat, even finger on the clutch. Places like this is not where a TC shines...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYK8OIKvZE
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is the new part of the trail ... That top part is really steep ... I think I can go back up it but it might be a battle ... The part where the steps are cut into the dirt and then that turn before the top climb out is gonna require some speed to climb up ... I can make it but there is not alot of room on each side for mistakes..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vYBcly8iHM
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle: