1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Coil brackets broken

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by andymarriner450, May 7, 2013.

1. andymarriner450 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 150
    I really love my little husky wr150 but man has it bin trouble first coil broke then fitted new coil and 2 months later coil bracket broken ive had radiator leaking at seams head stays broken man I love this bike but repairing it is getting boring . Any body else had coil brackets break?????????????
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I broke one off on my 09. I welded it back on and didn't have any issues afterwards.
  3. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ours broke right before the frame cracked. Sounds like the same symptoms we had. Are you MXing it?
  4. andymarriner450 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 150
    I have been doing some mx type riding but most is fast Enduro
  5. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    I had my coil mount brackets break too and the brackets from frame to the head,,i built new coil brackets from 1/8x1/4 steel and sandwinched those to the factory brackets and weld'd them up and reinforced the head brackets too and my radiator also leaked at the seams too.. It was frustrating to have these little problems ruin the days ride,,sometimes engineers and R/D guys are forced to cut corners in certain areas and we pay the price...Those little problems would have almost certainly not happened with the other makes IMO...:doh:
  6. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ours was subjected to everything, MX to scrambles and fast trails. Watch the frame. The latest ones have substantial reinforcements.
    K.Forte' likes this.
  7. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

from what i found, plan on replacing the stock radiators before you even start the bike.
    K.Forte' likes this.
  8. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    When i read your post about this i checked the frame on my bike and found 2 cracks at the front engine mounts (tabs).. Growing discouraged about this bike..:(
  9. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It broke my son's heart to sell it, he paid for it in full over 4 months as a 17 year old while my dealer held it. He loved everything about it but the replacement frame had the same flex issues and we knew it would crack sooner than later too. He talks about a new 2013 but even with the frame upgrades I'd still admit to being leary of them. When the pro team is shimming frame/engine mounts, which I heard of researching ours... eh.
    K.Forte' likes this.
  10. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    It's funny you say that,,my sons bummed too his reaction to the cracks were,,,WHATS NEXT DAD :censored:
  11. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    So just how "substantial" are the reinforcements on the '13 frame. I'm getting a '13 CR 125 soon and would like a heads up before actually buying the bike.

What year are these bikes you guys mentioned with frame issues? I've heard that the 09s were so bad that the suggestion from Husky was to saw off the head stay to prevent them from ever being used again.
  12. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    I would say from 09-12,,I have a 2010 with the above cracks mentioned...:cool:
  13. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ours was an 09.