1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Colorado 500 - Ride?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jhunter, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone ridden the Colorado 500 Charity Ride? Anyone going this August? My Uncle has been 20+ times and is all over me to ride it this year. Between Work, Kids and the Budget, it just hasn't happened to this point. 2014 looks like a perfect year to go. It's quite the hike from Atlanta so I was wondering what bike prep is needed and if anyone had any riding tips. 500 miles in 5 days is a lot of riding. Any feedback would be great. - John Hunter
  2. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Atlanta? Phew thats a drive
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I did it in '07. Was super fun. Great group of guys and you get to meet and ride with some pretty special people. I met Larry Roeseller and Malcom Smith, Tom White and some others. That was awesome! People come from all over the country, so you coming from Hotlanta wont be a shocker to anyone. Your bike needs to be street legal and plated. I would say to make sure to put new cables on, zip ty your spokes, slime your tubes, go through and loc tite your nuts n bolts, etc. Basically prep your bike as if you were going to Baja. You have a gear bag that travels to your next stop each day, so it is wise to buy some spare parts of something that may be needed. Like my clutch cable went out and thankfully I was able to get one from another rider w the same machine. lesson learned there. PM me if you have any questions. Also don't forget for gas stops with a smoker you will need to premix your gas in your tank. I would put gas in the tank FIRST then based on the amount of fuel that went in, pour my premisx up the old ratio rite, pour it in, and shake the bike vigorously. Hahaha! But it worked. Like I said, PM me with any special questions. I am travelling this week for work, but will be checking in when I can. OH, bring a good camera. The scenery in some of the locations, especially the San Juans in SW CO is absolutely unreal. :cheers:
  4. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

You'll have to rejet any bike that's not FI. Get yourself in best shape cause that altitude can beat you up. Not enough o2 for bike or rider up there. Ride some rocks too. Big ones.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I've never ridden it, but I am familiar with some of the areas the ride passes through. Like Marcmo0 said, prep your bike for a torture test. You'll probably be banging your way through at least 1 rock garden so rider and bike protection is a good idea. Large gas tank and a few spares like levers, cables and the like. Call Big D motorsports in woodland park to get jetting specs. (719) 687-7228 have fun.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I can also get you some jetting specs. I lived in CO for a long time and still ride at similar altitude. At least a good baseline to get you started. And yes, rocks there will be! Taylor Park outside of Crested Butte has amazing singletrack. That was my personal favorite day. CB to Ouray and then the day back too.