1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Compression ratio check

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by timpjr, Mar 18, 2013.

1. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    EVT America 3000w Scooter
    So.. after nuking two pistons at 200. apiece I've decided to make more pre-assembly checks on my 93' 360. My owners manual calls for a squish band of .102", here's the page. Note the last paragraph before the specs.... lost in translation ?
    IMG_20130318_221131.JPG
    does this mean a total of 1.1 mm (in my case a .6 and .5)

I also have a 2000 wr 360 workshop manual..
    2000 comp.jpg
    which calls for a squish band of .07". I've looked up the cylinders part numbers and they are different, also the compression ratio was raised from 6.9 1993 to 7.4 in 1998

anyone have specific knowledge on this ?
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    this is a common practice of modern bike engines
    yes they did change the cylinder in 97, it was a port change to flatten the power band a bit, it added torque but the downside is stating it, the 93 kicks a LOT lighter than the 97 on, this was the reason for a decompressor that is discussed on Cafe Husky
    to set the commpressed height is fairly simple, but their one page explanation is hard to follow for one thing it is an interpretation from another (Italian I guess) language and as such seems broken in our thought process
    get a hold of me I will give you a hand if you want
    fyi I live in Reno now, want to go riding when you are done?
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    .07" should be fine for a 360. You still have the stock carb?
  4. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    EVT America 3000w Scooter
    I.'m all set up for the process but the info is misleading. Just figured out that in the newer compression check process they start with a.4mm base gasket and then measure for. 07"clearance which is where I went wrong last top end rebuild so what your saying 2premo is.... use .5 mm gasket and measure for. 102" clearance like it says in my manual. Not adding a second .5mm gasket additionally. Turns out .6mm base gets me .099" clearance good enough for the girls I go out with. Sorry for mixing metric and sae. and ya we should ride soon, lost your number PM me.