1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Continued work on the '92 WXE

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AbramzTnk, Jan 31, 2011.

1. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

It was 71 degrees with no wind, here in Upstate SC yesterday. The ground is still super saturated from the snow and rain we've had, so instead of contributing to the erosion of my trails, decided to spend some time cleaning on my $250 92 WXE 250. As I continued to remove spray paint, applied by the previous owner, I found that the latex paint remover I was using, also polishes aluminum. After removal of all spray paint on motor, hoses, radiators etc.....I used it on the swingarm, rims and fork tubes. It's almost time to rebuild the suspension and paint the frame. Here are some "after" pics from yesterday (1/30/11)

[IMG]

Notice how shiny the Kick Starter is.....latex paint remover, baby. Safe on rubber and plastic.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Here are some of the parts, ready for install after susp. and frame paint.
    [IMG]

Tank
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Really good bikes. I have a 94 WXC250 and 92 WXC360, both are great bikes and i have no issues hanging with modern bikes on them.
  3. IMvintage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 WR 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 KTM 350 XC-F 2002 Gas GasEC300
    Looks good but where are all the fenders? I know you got two sets, let's get a look at em!

Also you might want a Shaman or Medicine man come down there and give that carb some kind blessing or something!
    Of course this is just a suggestion[IMG]
  4. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    EVT America 3000w Scooter
    You know I'm looking at your pics and saying to myself 92's had different exhaust port config and square edged swingarms, I'd swear that thats a 93. I am known to be wrong however. I myself have a 93 wxc360 and have done a considerable amount of parts comparisons while looking for parts that I'm hoarding for future continued operation.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, thats a 93-94 because of the swingarm. Here is my 92 WXC360...

[IMG]

My 904 WXC 250 has that swingarm like yours and the preload adjustable forks too.
  6. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

7. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

Fenders are for Sissys! LOL
  8. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

Fellas, StepupMX graphics made me custom shroud graphics for the bike. I sent him my shrouds and a powerpoint rep of what I wanted (below) and he made me two sets. I'll post pics when the come in. All in All, two sets, custom built for $125 is killer....esp. for a 19yo bike. Troy was killer. Can't wait to get them. Now that he has made mine, he's got the set-up to do more I'm sure. Tell me what you think of my "rough" design.

Tank

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice. I did that to my American made ATK, most people really like it...

[IMG]
  10. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

That is sweet! You gotta have the right color bike to use the RWB theme.