1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Converting a 1999 husky 360 ---> 200X Need picture

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Skyldig, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Skyldig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR360
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF100, CR250, KX60, ZXR
    Hi all!

Been a while since a wrote something here. Glad to be back. I was thinking about buying new plastics for my 1999 360 but I realized pretty soon its gonna be kinda expensive so I might as well rebuild it into a newer looking model (that makes no sense, I know).

Anyways, I bought this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0502313294&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    and also this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370303436370&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    And that's great and all. I've got to decide on which color I want and then buy a newer style (2006 or something like that) plastic kit, which cost about $120 usd here in Sweden. I think I need to weld a new bracket for the gas tank, tried to find a good picture on that bracket but I failed. I would be grateful if someone could snap a picture on your 2-stroke 2006-200? tank bracket. Further more, I need to modify or replace the air filter box. The aluminum subframe seems to have change a bit also, the rear ends looks longer as far as I can see. Hopefully that could easily (yeah right) be done without too much hassle.

The seat and tank sits on top of my TV and I watch it everyday thinking about how nice my bike is gonna look when it's finished. :notworthy:

If anyone could think of other things I need to change before the swap, feel free to let me know :) So, what do you guys think: Red/white or Yellow/blue?

Yellow blue will match helmet and gear and is pretty "Sweden" :) Red/white on the other hand is the new Husky look. Since the seat is already blue, I think I will go for that but I haven't decided yet.

:cheers:
  2. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    I kind of like the blue/yellow look. Yeah, the red/white is new, but there's nothing wrong with the old look.
  3. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I put a 2001 WR360 engine in my 2007 WR250 chassis. I had to use the air box boot from the '01 WR360. Unbolt it from the air box and re-attach it to the '07 airbox. I'll try to get some pics for you in the next day.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I believe there was a young guy on here or TT who did a '99 125. You'll need a 2000 and up air box and subframe to do the conversion.
    The old subframe is wider.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Well here goes as I made the same swap but in reverse by converting my 06 WR250 to 04 plastic, tank, and seat. You do need the later model subframe from 06 on. You need the all new plastic as none of the old plastic converts except the front fender. If you buy all this for the 06 WR you will get the blue/yellow combination. You will need to move your tank mounts on the side of the main frame up. I believe the older style had them welded below the little frame brace below the back bone and the new style tank has to have them above this brace. You will need to weld a tank mount on the back bone of the frame. It is 55 mm long and it needs to be threaded for the standard 6mm threads. You will also need the hardware and gromets/orings that mount both the seat and the tank. You might decide that moving the under main back bone mounts is too much and if you do then a piece of closed foam pipe insulation for 2" plumbing will fit over the back bone and support the tank over a large area.

I have the tank mount that I cut off my 06 with all the gromets and such and would sell it to you if you want it. I was pretty carefull cutting it off and you should have no problem welding it on. It is Chrome/Moly so you will need a mig/tig welder. I think I actually still have the tank shrouds and would throw those in if you want them as they aren't perfect but aren't bad.

Send me a PM if you want any of the stuff I have,
    Walt
  6. Skyldig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR360
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF100, CR250, KX60, ZXR
    Great! Thanks for all the great info! The search continues! Wallybean you got PM. If anyone knows where I could get a good price on the blue/yellow plastic, please let me know. I asked a few dealers but all they could offer was red/white or black. I have decided to go blue/yellow.

The subframe and airbox I'm hoping to find on ebay or something. The new gas tank came without pet and cap, need to find that as well.
  7. SupraRider420 Husqvarna

any updates on this?