Copper City, CA

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by TemecuCoastie, Jan 21, 2013.

1. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Cut out early from reserve weekend Saturday to head out to Copper City and ride with a fellow Warrant Officer and his Brother. I headed out the 710 to the 91 to the 15 (to those not from SoCal those are freeways that pass through SoCal).

I learned I can drive from San Pedro, CA to Barstow on a half a tank of gas - lucky me. I also learned that crashing still sucks and the ground is not quite as forgiving as it was when I was younger. Oh ya, I also learned that staying in a heated RV is the way to go! It got into the 20's at night.

I didn't take too many pics as we were just moving too fast through some of the stuff and, where we weren't going fast, we were winding through some pretty crazy stuff. Real narrow, real sandy and real technical - none of which I'm too good at.

At the end of the weekend I suffered one flat, one crash and one blown fork seal. But, on the up-side, I got to do some great riding, drink some beer, howl at the moon and hang out with some good friends.....and sleep in that nicely heated RV.

Two hours into my first ride and I get a flat. Headed back to the FOB (ok, camp) and changed it out.

Mojave1.JPG
    Some of the cool stuff we hit on the ride that day.

Mojave4.JPG
    This is the wash/canyon where "step-up" is. Kind of a gnarly stretch. My Buddy Chad went down. Not his fault - he rides a Yamaha.

Mojave5.JPG
    After getting through step-up, we took a break. The sand was deep and the trail was technical as hell! The 250 held its own against the bigger bikes, fyi. (That's Chad on the left. His Brother and I served together).

Mojave7.JPG
    ray_ray, huskybear and LandofMotards like this.
  2. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ok, Some more generic pics from the trip. Some of the things that blow my mind about the desert (not the Kuwait or Iraq deserts either) are the rugged beauty and just how drastic things can change in a matter minutes. Look at just how pronounced the sunset is on the ground. A clear line between day and night. And, in Mojave, you don't want to be outside in the elements after dark during the winter - it's wicked cold!!!

Mojave9.JPG

Mojave10.JPG

And, at the end of the weekend (no pics from the second ride - sorry) I loaded the bike and got ready to go home - which was the crappy part of the trip.

Mojave13.JPG

Looking back at Copper City Road. A whole lot of wilderness to ride in. Amazing, ain't it.

Mojave14.JPG
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Good stuff you had a bit of everthing Mate.
    Glad you shared the photos, looks like a great spot for a blat.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Nice. I miss the SW dez...
    is that out in Johnson Valley?
  5. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not too far, relatively. Out off of Ft. Irwin Road North of Barstow.
  6. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Funny I have the exact same trailer. Not sure where you got it but mine came as a package deal with a golf cart
    [IMG]
  7. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Damn it!!! I didn't get a golf cart I picked mine up in Menifee, CA. A lot of old folks there - they should've thrown in a golf cart (LOL).
    BarberPole likes this.
  8. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Nice report and gorgeous pics. :thumbsup:
  9. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice pics. Thanks for the post.