1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Correct Jetting For Standard 2011 Wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 300twoSmoker, Aug 1, 2011.

1. 300twoSmoker Husqvarna

any help would be great. thank you. the bike is 3days old, dealer jetted the bike too rich.... someone with the right jetting specs would be real helpful so i get it right the first time. Thank you.
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Check the Jetting Database and then post your questions in the Jetting Chat threads.

Sorry l can't be more helpful cos ever rider is different so there is no one right jetting specs, it's all down to the feel of the rider and understanding the carby stroke range (plenty of info on this site).
  3. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. ksandull Husqvarna
    C Class

I'm at sea level running a 35 and 440....second clip on th eneedle. Bike runs great pulls clean all the way through. Bike came with a 40 and 460 (too rich)
  5. 300twoSmoker Husqvarna

thank you for all the help guys.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I might be the odd man on this topic because i have tryed the Keihin so called air stricker with even a JD
    kit in it on both a Wr 250 and 300 and for me it did not work as well as the Mikuni.I have a 2006 WR 250
    all stock motor and electronics and a 2010 WR 300 with also stock motor but with the older like 2002 CR
    electronics in it .Here in what i run and i have raced the bikes from sea level to up around 6,000 feet,with temps from just under freezing to up a little over 100.For me both bikes seem to run great and i never feel the need to change anything
    Both bikes run a 2006 year Mikuni carb
    35 pilot
    370 main
    3.0 slide
    6DGY04-59 needle set clip second clip from the top very wierd looking tappered needel but it works
    stock plug either stock or uridium did not make a difference
    RACE GAS either stright or now around 3gallons of 110 leaded to 2 gallon 91 pump then mixed 40 t0 1
    air screw set around 1 1/2 turns out
    both bikes run FMF narley pipes with turbin core spark arrestor
    i race just about everything desert,enduros,gran prixs and even some motocross
    for me this set up works set it once and then race it all year no changes
    i do not know if the 2006 carb is the same as the 2010 but i do know a guy who has a 2010 and he set up his 2010 wr 250 with this setting on his 250 and he reported the bike runs great.
    might be the needel that makes the difference it sure looks wierd
  7. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have fitted the airstryker to a 2010 300 and found it easier to jet to my liking, I do agree about the JD needles and infact found the Kehein CEL needle much better that either JD red or Blue.
    Fitting the race head is a very worthwhile mod also. Gives much more bottom end and mid range. I don't think it makes much difference either way to top end but here in the forest/mountains of Queensland it is a great improvement.