Could the Fuel Pump become dislodged again?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Jimmy250, May 6, 2015.

1. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    A while back I posted about my bike stalling on about 1/2 tank of fuel. Well on a dual sport last summer it died on 1/2 tank. So I got the bike home and checked out the fuel pump, re-set it in place used a Zip-ty to hold it and its been all good. Now as of yesterday on way into my driveway from putting 16miles of trail on, the bike died. It fired back up and I didnt think anything of it. Till tonight I went to fire it up and it would not start till I put a little bit more fuel in and then she fired right up. Could this pump come loose again? or could it be something else? Thoughts Much Appreciated! Jim
  2. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    Yep, if the pumps still sits in his place it is stuffed. They gum up easily due to unleaded fuel.
    Replace fuel pump, I posted a link recently for cheap pump only ones that work fine. The original unit comes complete and cost a fortune.

Mine did the same several times on my TE450 , a bit more fuel and it runs, soon it will stop all together.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/fuel-pump-problems.79443/#post-520243
  3. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Really sounds right to me, believe me I understand about this new fuel, look at my posts from my sons bike, what a nightmare! I am just going to order it thanks for the input! Jim
  4. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Well Took it apart tonight Looks like it came dislodged again from the holder. I ordered the part and I am installing for good measure anyway!
  5. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    Can you fit a decent stainless hose clamp to hold it instead of a cable tie?
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I went to stainless steel safety wire top to bottom on 2 original '08 TE's fuel pumps. They will not come dislodged now. I also use Marine Stabil in the bikes. Try this out before dropping $ on a new pump.
    R_Little and bikesparky like this.
  7. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    I agree guys I am looking into safety wire, Does it have to b stainless?? Was thinking the wire should be better!
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I used ss wire and the wire tool. The wire is thin and plyable and does not have any coating to worry about. I had done the zip ty trick originally but they swelled up over time and the pump got sloppy. I should have used safety wire back in 2009. :doh:
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  9. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Thx All, I am using SS Wire this weekend and a new pump and be done with it! Time to ride Boys!
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What are you using for a fuel filter.

Does ZipTY have their filter yet?
  11. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Hey Bud all fixed I used a new pump and new filter, and SS wire to hold it in place! all Good Now! Time to ride!
  12. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Well here's a new update, while out at a trail ride yesterday, The bike died yesterday at mile 3! I had to walk it 2 miles down the road and wait for a buddy to pick my son and I up. What I have found is the fuel pump is pumping fuel. I have spark, I dont see any blown fuses. I'm thinking clogged or bad fuel injector?? kinda at a loss! any help or info Appreciated! Jim
  13. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Pull the fuel injector and look into the supply side, if it is plugged, you'll see some light brown mud-looking stuff. Spray it with carb cleaner.
  14. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Thanks I actually think this is due to a sensor, I wrench myself on the bikes,but rather the crap against the wall to see waht sticks, I dropped it at the dealer so they could use the computer software to diagnose it. keep ya posted
  15. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    The next time this happens.....Open the fuel tank cap, close it and see if it will then start. It sounds like a fuel starvation issue and that can be form may things like a bad cap vent or plugged line.

Paw Paw
  16. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    I tried that, I honestly think its a sensor, The temp control sensor, believe it or not when it goes bad it will shut your bike down , well the computer will show it.I will report back, Thanks Though
  17. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    It's not the tip over sensor that is loose under the seat? If it moves and falls over it sees the bike as crashed and shuts the engine off.
    Pull seat and side covers off, it's the thing that looks like one of the relays but it's different, you'll spot it. Needs to be fixed in the correct position, I believe it has an arrow on it or written UP.
    The temp sensor doesn't shut the engine off, just make it run badly.
  18. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    It may be There was something loose under the seat( a relay looking thing) But it has always been loose, it could be? Time will tell. Lol Waiting on results of Dealer Computer, I will keep u posted, But I really appreciate the info because I am just scratching my head.