1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Countershaft Worn beyond limit?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Blakelpd5, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I need a little help from someone who has used and abused their bike as much as mine has been.

I'm rocking an 09 WR125. When I purchased the bike, it had roughly 120 hrs on it. Lost the hour meter, got a new one, yadda yadda yadda... I'm thinking the bike has around 145 hrs on it now...

I noticed the countershaft seal leaking, so, I get a new one, and replaced it with an OEM seal.. This is not my first seal install. I have done it twice on my 450, so I know not to drive it in to far!

I feel I got it set just right, and cleaned everything out really well before install. Well, needless to say, it's now leaking again. Not fast, but sprocket is wet with oil.

When I installed the seal, I noticed the countershaft sprocket has some significant play on the shaft. I am heading to the garage for a day of wrenching, and will try to get a good video of the sprocket play.

I'm simply wondering, with 145 hrs on the bike, could the countershaft be worn out of spec? I have almost 200hrs on my 450, and no problems with that bike.

Thanks!
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Behind your sprocket is a bushing and inside the bushing that rides on the shaft is an o ring placed inside the bushing. Replace bushing/oring and you are good as new.
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    will give that a try for sure! Thanks!
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The loose sprocket has nothing to do with the leak...unless the shaft was not heat treated or something.

The 125 shafts last forever...the 610 has a wear issue.

Anyway, I have a spare if you need it.