1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR 125 09 jetting

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Aug 7, 2013.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    What jetting are you CR 125 guys running ?
    I believe mine is from memory 440 main 35 pilot 5 slide . Tried standard and RM needle .
    Ive had two rides so far and initially thought I had old fuel - it wasn't the fuels fault .
    Still running like crap . Spark plug looks good
    Big bogs in deep sand - cant keep in in the power band.
    When it does come on the power band very short and no over rev - compared to a Wr 125
    ( or my Cr 165 for that matter )
    Tried the RM needle - but needs to be on top ( leanest ) slot to not break up at top - then bogs very badly when not at full revs
    I believe I may need to get a 5 slide and lower needle as per Darttyppts set up

Tried swapping to older TMX - helped quite a bit - ran a lot better but still some big bogs when it had to work in deep sand
    (That carb was working fine on my 144)
    A bit over it to be honest . may just throw on the 144 kit I before I go any further.
    You definitely cant say that the bog issue is only related to a WR

Im a bit disappointed with the power delivery though - a bit all or nothing and doesn't feel like it really likes revving like the WR 125 did.
    I think an extra power valve spring may help a bit so that's also something I may try.
    Another option I am thinking is adjusting the ignition timing to retard it slightly - thoughts?
  2. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On my stock 2013 wr125 I went to a 450 main, 40 pilot, stock slide and c clip on stock needle (edey 15-74) in middle postion and bike ran great no bog and pulled hard for stock 125.
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    4 or 5 slide?
    Running around on normal dirt its fine but under heavy load in deep sand - not fine
    I guess I could also try richer jets but needle wants to be at leanest setting
  4. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    My '09 WR liked the stock CR jetting listed in the manual. Our climate is a little different up here though, so....
  5. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The slide is stock I believe a 4 and I live at 2000 feet above sea level. I was testing bike on sand track and riding it as hard as I could and plug looked nice.