1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc cr 125 2011

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by poynedexter, Jan 28, 2011.

1. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

hey guys,

i've ridden my 11 125 just the once, and have a couple of q's for you guys. i'm pretty new to husky 125's ok, but i'm reading about sh@@ jetting and power valve mods? do these only apply to the older models, cause my plug is seriously weak and theres a big mid range power hole too.
    will a 52 rear sprocket and a bigger main/pilot sort this?

what is the power valve mod all about?
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

52 will help
  3. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

cheers, cause the bike feels real crisp if a bit lean, so i'll get a 52 ordered up. the hole in the mid feels as if the power valve is slow to open?
  4. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

460 main 35 pilot and 6bfy43 needle clip from is the stock. i've upped both pilot and main and left the needle alone. now i'm gonna have a look into this tightening up of the powervalve business. from what i understand it preloads the little spring a bit so the powervalve doesn't rattle about before it opens. or does it just open a fraction earlier?
  5. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

its a 4 slide. whatever that means lol.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Get the RM needle and you will have much better luck jetting.
  7. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

well before i went to the track a adjusted the power valve linkage a so the little bolt was near the top of the slot. it was probably in the middle to start with. it made a big difference and the bike was a lot happier to pull as the revs rose or when shifting 3rd to 4th. i still need that bigger sprocket as i'm not really fast enough for the standard 50. result!!!
  8. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

here's a couple of pics. husky 125 pics 006.jpg husky 125 pics 007.jpg
  9. PeterHB Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If I could only ride my 2008 cr150 1/2 that fast I would be happy, loved the way he went through the whoops.
  11. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

nice video. looks like a well groomed track there.

so if i wanted to add a pipe to my bike in the future what are my options? hgs, dep, fmf, pro circuit?, doma. which of these are going to pump up the bottom to mid and which the mid top? i do realise you have to give a little to get a little.
  12. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

in the video he is getting around fast BUT hes dragging his foot in corners and in the whoops is knees are not holding onto the bike - room for improvement.......
  13. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    Yes it is Scalvini.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  14. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

well ive got a hgs pipe on its way to try out. the 52 sprocket has worked out very well indeed. much easier to get out of 2nd gear corners and carries the shift from 3rd to 4th better. as its got a little less cold here, the 40 pilot has needed the air screw leaned a little.
    i still have a little boggy bit from time to time and i'm realising this bike likes to be rev'd right out before shifting.

question for ya's. when you talk about the rm needle, do you mean suzuki rm125??
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yes, Suzuki RM 125, 2004. The needle is 6CHY-16-62. If your slide is stamped 4.0, order the slide from 04 Suzuki, RM 125. It is a 5.0 . Start 45 pilot, Air Screw 1 1/.2 turns, 460 main. Start with the clip in the 3rd position down from top. If lean drop the clip to 4th position to raise the needle. If your lean, go back to the middle position and use a 470 main. That'll get you close to start out.
  16. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

great info chum, it just so happens my husky dealer is a suzuki dealer too.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey that kid looks like me on my 08Cr125 only he's about.....4 times FASTER LOL. Hey but at 52 years old I still have a ball on my 125 and soon to be 144! Great video and jetting info guys thanks for sharing.
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I wonder why the newer CRs seem to suffer more from bog than the older 04- 08 ones did - or is that just my imagination ?
  19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The main problem with jetting is the POS Mikuni TMXX and the availibility of good needles. I have liked Mikuni carbs in the past. Couldn't beat the old round slide VM. Good solid carb that the jetting never varied. But the TMX and TMXX are a jetting nightmare and the jetting seems to change about every 10 degrees. I am riding a WR150. I put on a 38mm Keihin PMK Air Striker and still had a problem till I went to the KTM Needle NOZF. (Check out the Bog thread and the Jetting database.) The 38mm PWK is what probably what most of the CR125 guys will be using. I also have tried the Keihin 36mm PWK Air Striker from the 2011 KTM 150XC and LOVE IT. Better throttle response and could not tell any loss in top end power. The stock NOZI needle works great in the #4 position. The 170 MJ is good and I had to go down to a 38 PJ. Contact me if you want one of these carbs. I can save you over $100 from retail.
  20. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

well i wouldn't say in my climate in the uk that my 2011 cr is jetted like a POS. maybe in hot conditions its poor, i'd say we are at about 6' c now and in the summer it'll rise to about 20-22 at the most really. i'd be pretty happy with how my bike runs, but it does have a tendancy to wants to dip in the mid range slightly. i hope to have the 6chy 16 62 needle and 5 slide this week to try. otherwise the bike runs crisp. its just requires total commitment lol