1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR 125 throttle cable length replacement

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kevin_TE250, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stupid question but here goes... Thinking about raising the bars on my 04 125 (in fact I have the risers included with the Bike. Only problem is the throttle cable is too short ( always been this way even with the TMX, changed over to a Keihin recently)

do I need to replace the throttle assembly also ? or can I just buy a longer cable and figure out how this works ?

mainly does the longer throttle cable have to include the throttle assembly ? or are they separate pieces that can be changed out ? and where would I find these Halls ? etc...

Thanks

Kevin
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kevin,

Are you running the cable around the steering head and down the left side of the frame? Pretty easy to move it to the right side and down the middle between the head motor mount stays.

Most throttle cables will use the same ends. I think a throttle cable for a Honda CR250 from 97-01 will work well and have that extra length you are looking for.

Walt
  3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Left side before the steering head down the frame between the motor mounts..

So Honda throttle cable will work with the stock Throttle assembly on the bars ? do they just unscrew and put the new one on?
  4. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone know if the WR 250 cable is longer? Looks like it would fit.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

My guess is that they are the same cable.

Kevin,

I would take your cable off and take it with you to match up with anything you are going to try.

Walt
  6. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just put on the wr250 cable that I picked up at Bill's. They let me take it home and try it before I paid for it - that's customer service! The 250 cable is 5.5 inches longer with the same throw. It is long enough that I ran it in front of the handlebars on the left side of the frame and still have a bit extra. That is with a sub mount stabilizer and tall (Pastrana FMX) bars. The '09 wr125 should have come with this cable from the factory....:thinking: