1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Cr / wr 125 ????

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is a on going thread but i have a question .How many WR 125
    are sold each year compaired to the CR 125 .I want to purchase a new 2010 125 and for 4 years now i have seen page after page of how most of you guys mostley with the WR spend alot of time getting then to run like you want .Stories of power valve and pipe updates carb changes ect ect .Like i have said in the past i personally have never felt the need to change any thing on my 2006 or 2008 CR 125 .I do run FMF pipes and Turbin core and race gas mixed 32 to 1 that is it .The one time i played with the jeting up in Utha it made it worse so i went back to stock .Maybe i just got lucky or i just do not know any better since i use to be a 4 stroke guy riding 4 strokes since 1974
    So now for 2010 i am hopeing for a new CR 125 i have been told that
    originally no CR 125 to the USA but as of last week received a update
    that yes there will be CR 125 imported to the USA for 2010
    Has any one heard the same ? Anyone know of a dealer with a 2010 CR125? Thanks john
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    heard nothing about it,,,but on a sort of side note the FIM is instituting a a new "schoolboy " class of MX world championship featuring 125cc 2 strokes only, Husky, TM, EU Honda and EU Yam are probably board and I am sure others of the small brands will field teams, this is great news for MX privateers and up and coming riders and for "cheap" racing ( if there is really such a thing). The AMA should take a look at this idea,,,oh yea there is also a 150 4T junior racing series as well, from word on the street.

PS I hope "they" are reading this as the Kearny clan and their 99% OEM stock (good advert) CR125s are the only AMA National Class winners on any Husky.

JK, if it helps, I ve got a phone call in......doubt if it helps but it cant hurt.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Unless things changed for 09 and newer models the motors are going to be the same with the exception of the ignition. The WR ignition has more mass, makes more linear power, and can run lights. They used to come with different silencers but I don’t think that’s true anymore. If you get a 2010 the CR would have the advantage of KYB forks. As of now I don’t think there is a big tank for the newer ones so I don’t know how one could make a good race bike. Hopefully that is addressed soon.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Husky had a bad batch of out of spec powervalves for the 09 WR125. This was really the only issue. Once those are installed it is a ripper. They come with the 50mm TC zokes which can be VERY good, better than any of the 45's i have tried, revalved or not. So if you wanted to get a 09 WR125 and toss a CR ignition in it i think you would have what you are looking for. I love the new frame and find it much better than the 08 and older. Turns better and is more stable. IMHO.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All god news so far cant wait to get a new bike .You would think at our age we would
    get over that feeling But i think it gets worse as i get older I am setting here hursing
    a broken collar bone and counting the day until i can ride again .This bike thing is so
    addicting
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

FWIW, USA is not getting the 2010 CR125, BUT..... I just got off the phone with the new Canadian Husq Dist and they are bringing in 2010 CR125s in VERY limited #s.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Do they not all come into NA through the US?
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not after Jan 1/2010.

Canada will be completely independent of Husq NA in the new year. We will be getting our own CDN Spec bikes and our own parts supply direct from Italy.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thanks.
  10. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Interesting on the '10 CR125.I'm curious if 1-2 might find their way into the US...Hmmm I could make my '09 CR125 my woods weapon and add the '10 CR125 for moto...oh boy! :eek:
    I'm curious what are you getting for mileage out of your '09 WR125s?
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I emailed Husky north america and asked about the 2010 CR 125 and as of 1 week ago i was told YES there would be some CR comming in .Now if more people show they might want one then we should see them That was my original question what is the ratio of sales between the Cr and the Wr .
  12. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sore subject around here.... :banghead:
  13. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm well aware most are looking for more then the stock tank offers but for what I'll be doing a 45-50 mile range for a tank full would suffice and I've not seen an actual figure stated in the threads I've searched.
    So does anyone have an estimate?
  14. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    :cheers:
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    35-40 miles in the tight technical steep stuff of the NW. :censored:
  16. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was lucky to get 45 out of the old 2.7 gal on pre 09 here in the NE (NETRA, WNYOA, ECEA type stuff) on all my prev 125's.
    Joe
  17. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks man!
    I guess in that case I'd be taking a leap of faith to go the '09 WR125 route on a tank solution becoming available by next spring.
    My other option is grabbing an '08 CR125 rewinding the stator,hooking up a headlight/tailight and picking up an aftermarket tank as I know there are options for that one but I love the way my '09 CR125 handles so :excuseme:
  18. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey I couldn't help myself so I picked up the '08 CR125 leftover today.I figure with all the money I saved I'll be able to fully woods ready it and still have bucks leftover. :thumbsup:
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  20. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Who is the Canada dealer for Husky now Scotty. My boy loves my 08 cr 125 so much he want one and 2010 cr 125 would be nice. Would be nice for parts also.