1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR/WR 165 jetting specs for sea Level

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by moto120, Jun 4, 2024.

1. moto120 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I purchased my nephew a 2012 Cr125 with a 165 kit. Wondering what jetting works best for the stock carburetor at sea level. Seller told me it was jetted for a 144. He also included a Lectron carb with the bike. I always heard the Lectron carb was more suited for riding at higher altitude.
    Any thoughts on what the jetting should be?
    Any carb baseline settings would be appreciated.
    I did look at the 125 jetting pages but did not really see what I was looking for.
    Thanks
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Is it the stock Mikuni? I don't have specs for that for your area. I always felt like I was chasing my tail with the Mikuni because it was pretty finicky. I would probably want to get the Suzuki needle but will need to see if I can find the right one for you. Then a 470 or 480 main and a 25 pilot. This is just spit balling as I haven't jetted for low elevation and high humidity.
  3. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I would put the Lectron on it. No questions... I have one I took off of my 165 which I replaced with the SmartCarb S2. I'll check to see which metering rod it has in it and the measurements for the rod setting.
    I also have a 165 with an Keihin AirStryker carb on it. I can check the jetting in it for you, but the Lectron beats it hands down.
  4. moto120 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the help. Bike has stock Mikuni. Seller said it was jetted for 144 kit. I always thought a Lectron was for higher altitudes. I am at sea level normal northeast weather (seasons). I will check the Lectron I have this weekend and see what it has, I am not familiar with them at all. Could use some help setting up that carb. I was surprised the owner took off the Lectron and went back to stock carb.
  5. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Happy to help. Lectron covers all altitudes.
    I've purchased Lectrons from people claiming they were junk and found out the metering rod was 180 degrees backward.
    It's hard to tell.
    Give me the number on the metering rod.