1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st CR /WR suspension differences

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Jun 23, 2011.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I was wondering what the suspension differences are between the CR and the WR 125/150 2010 or 2011 models .
    Ive heard the forks are different but in simple terms how are they different?
    Are WRs able to handle the big jumps and are the CRs more unstable in the woods ?
    thanks
  2. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

I believe the CR's come with KYB forks in 10 and 11, should be great forks. We run WR's in motocross with the zook shivers that Halls revalved. We keep getting WR's because we keep missing any new CR's out there..
    I can only guess that the CR is valved stiffer
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I can't say on '10 or '11, but in '09, WR125 and CR125 were valved the same. I think spring rates were also the same.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Theres been a flood of XC 150s in OZ this month that they are saying are 2011 models - they look like 2010 models to me from US
    ( CR 2011s are like $3 k dearer ) Looks like 2010 stickers - any give aways?

Resized640x480_D1324401255616_A.jpg
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    The web site lists Marzocchi on both 2011 150 models with 48mm on the CR and 50mm on the WR ... Nothing on open or closed chambers ... Just from reading this cafe site, in the past few years, it seems like some of the bikes might get a different version of forks depending on who was at work that day? Checking each specific bike before you buy might be the only true way to know what you are getting ...

http://www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/index.php
  6. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    My CR has KYB 48mm AOS forks, the 2011 WR that was in the shop had 50mm Zokes open chamber.... the 10 CR'S were suppose to have 50mm Zokes twin chamber forks.
  7. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would trade my KYB's for Marzocchi fork any day... i have big issues trying to get good feel from this fork, unlike my zocchies i had...
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Were the KYBs a little soft feeling or what?

9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    It could be just the way my TE was set up but the KYBs are harsher and more twitchy than the old 48 zocchies on the 08 WR 125
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Those were 45's
  11. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

i would trade my 0 hours zooks (have brand new bike in trailer for spare) for someones 0 hours KYB's if anyone is interested, i think we have to trade out triple clamps and possibly more to do a switch. our zooks seem to be working fine for us but i would like to try the KYB's and cant seem to buy a bike with them!
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Fork debates are almost as entertaining as oil threads.[IMG]
  13. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

oh no, nothing on the internet beats an oil thread!
    jmetteer, ray_ray and krieg like this.
  14. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Well... I did say "almost"...[IMG]
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    So are there any differences between the rear shocks on a 2010 Cr and the 2010 WR or is it just the settings?
  16. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    it depends on what the factory has on hand at the time yer bike is built, regardless of the spec sheet. "spec subject to change w/o notice" is a disclaimer i've read from every maker's OM in the biz, and it happens more often than not!
  17. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

ive had several different pairs of bikes through the years, usually a practice bike and race bike , or just one for me and one for my son. the bikes are always a lil different from each other, sometimes in feel, sometimes one just seems to run better or smoother. sucks when dad (me) ends up with the crappier one!
  18. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the problem of harsh fork action on my KYB. A mate of mine says it could be the way i am aligning the axle. I test this method and sure enough it made a big difference the the feel. Still the fork feels like it does not want to move thru its stroke.. I have had 0.48 put in and actually made it worse. my weight is 90kg and clubman skill level.. Hi have tried 150mm thru to 100mm of 5 wt fork oil and really made no difference to the action. It jumps really well, and other riders seem to like the ride,, but they are a little slower than me... The issue i am having is that my old WR250 05 model was good and stable, all i had to do is stiffer springs and oil at 120mm and away i went..